Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Missed Connection - IM Brazil
CREATED: 05/30/11 by kebeebe REPLIES: 2
kebeebe    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
Missed Connection - IM Brazil
POSTED: 5/30/11 6:12 PM

Hey - You were running towards me, probably at the end of your first or second run lap, around 6 pm last night (Sunday; IM Brazil race day). You were wearing the DCTri tech shirt similar to the one I received in my membership package in 2008, and had on dark shorts and had short, dark hair in a pony-tail.

I'm the slightly crazy sounding women who was riding towards you on her tri bike, barely able to pedal due to post-race stiffness. I yelled "Go DCTri!" or something equally inane.

Who were you?

It was great to fly all that way, alone, race all day, alone, and then see someone with a connection to something I knew. I hope you had as good a day as I did, although also a less painful day than I did.

- Kelzie

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1296
RE: Missed Connection - IM Brazil
POSTED: 5/31/11 9:35 AM

It's most likely Tania Grollman. She's somewhere in the Amazon at the moment either trying to get feelings back into her body or sacraficing a virgin :)

Her initial race report was that she took a licking, but kept on ticking.

Tuan

kebeebe    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
RE: Missed Connection - IM Brazil
POSTED: 5/31/11 9:49 AM

Thanks, Juan!! She looked like she was ticking better than most at that point. It really was great to see her. If you or anyone else talks to her, please tell her to check here or simply CONGRATS!

The Amazon sounds like a pretty darn good place to be to get feeling back into your body. I'm attempting to do it in my bed at my guest house, wondering if my bike would like to pack itself. For its part, my bike seems uninterested in learning these useful skills.

-Kelzie

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria