Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Gen. Smallwood Redemption: Culpeper Olympic
CREATED: 07/14/12 by nelsb7p0 REPLIES: 6
nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 428
Gen. Smallwood Redemption: Culpeper Olympic
POSTED: 7/14/12 1:19 PM

Some of us were talking about doing the Culpeper Olympic on Saturday, August 4 at the ride today. I'm already registered. There are still plenty of slots for the Oly (~200 registered with a 600 cap) and looks like the sprint on Sunday isn't much more full (215 reg for a 700 cap).

I've done the sprint a few times and drove down the morning of with no problems (packet pick up and all the morning of). There is a possibility it could be hot (hopefully not Smallwood hot), but that's always a gamble around here in August. They rate the run as a "moderate" with a rolling run course, but I would say it is somewhat similar to Columbia, though probably not quite as hilly. There's a good size hill right when you come out of transition and encounter on both the bike and run (twice it looks like for the Oly).

Here's the race location since it's hard to locate on Google Maps since they don't post an address:
http://goo.gl/maps/W9CD

Also don't forget, we get a VTS Setup Events discount - http://dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Race.VTS

Hope we can get a good group out!

-Brady

jennyl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 40
RE: Gen. Smallwood Redemption: Culpeper Olympic
POSTED: 7/14/12 4:24 PM

Joe and I and a couple more friends will be there!

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 504
POSTED: 8/02/12 4:40 PM

I think there's a good group racing this Sat. I'll be there looking for a bit of redemption; anyone else?
- Adam

jennyl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 40
POSTED: 8/02/12 5:40 PM

I'll be there! But after a few weeks of a lot of work and not a lot of workouts, I am not sure there will be much redemption happening :)

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 364
POSTED: 8/02/12 9:01 PM

Good luck! But be careful if it's hot. My General Smallwood Redemption will probably have to wait until next year :-( But like Arnold said, "I'll be back!"

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 504
POSTED: 8/02/12 9:47 PM

I'm taking my anger from the failed Lake Placid experience out on the innocent Sprint course on Sunday.

RT

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 364
POSTED: 8/03/12 8:04 AM

Take my anger of a lost 2 months of racing out on the innocent sprint course too Ryan!

HAHA... I should have Gwen Jorgensen take my Smallwood induced anger out on the innocent Olympics course tomorrow morning!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria