DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Gear Updates
CREATED: 01/18/10 by kmwpro REPLIES: 15
kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
Gear Updates
POSTED: 1/18/10 4:59 PM

Guys,

I've been trying to find a place on the website where I can post a link to this page:
http://www.dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Learn.Buzz&id=374
and continue to update it. No luck so far from our web team.

My best advice to get the latest gear information, rather than posting questions to the forum, is to go back to the forum home, search "GEAR UPDATES," find this page, and go back to this link, as that is where all the information on gear will be updated.

This page will answer all of your questions to the best of my ability at any given time.

I know it's a pain, but that's all I can come up with until the web guys can set a page up for this information, or an obvious place from which to link.

Gear Samples and Spring Order
POSTED: 1/23/10 7:54 PM

Gear FAQ's have been updated! (See link above.)

Most important info...

WHERE WILL THE SAMPLES BE, AND WHEN?
For 1 week in Mid Feb, Gear is available to try on for sizing at CONTE’S OF ARLINGTON*
For 1 week in Late Feb, Gear is available to try on for sizing at CONTE’S OF BETHESDA*
* Specific dates are still TBD - we are awaiting a new sample of the tri one piece uniform, which will be ready to ship to us with the rest of the gear samples in "mid February." When I have an exact date, I'll get that information out via the forum and the newsletter.

WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
These dates are tentative, based on when we get the samples, but this is what I will aim for:

FEBRUARY 28: Gear order shut down on website
MARCH 1: Gear order will be placed
LATE APRIL/EARLY MAY: Gear order will be shipped to DC for distribution

The goal will be to distribute this first gear order in time for the early season races. Yes, it's a fast turn around from when we have the samples, and yes, we'll place a subsequent order, but if you have an early season race that you want new gear for, this is the order you will need to get in.

Gear Samples are IN
POSTED: 2/16/10 12:04 PM

Guys,
I just received the box from CS of samples. It had been held up at the Fed Ex distribution, because they got behind with the snow. I'll drop it @ CONTE'S ARLINGTON tonight, Feb 16th after work.

It will be there through SUNDAY FEBRUARY 21, when I'll move it out to BETHESDA for a week. So...

Gear samples at Conte's Arlington:
TUESDAY, FEB 16th through SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 21, (lunchtime)

Gear samples at Conte's Bethesda:
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 21 (late afternoon) through SUNDAY FEBRUARY 28

If you plan to order gear this year, go try it on NOW!

Gear Samples are IN
POSTED: 2/17/10 9:24 AM

Just a bump on this and a heads up...

When we opened the box last night @ Conte's we saw that there were NO TRI SHORTS. No idea why...I've emailed my contact @ CS...I will let you guys know what I find out.

The gear is hung up at the far right of the building - almost hidden from sight - but it's there. There are bike jerseys, bike shorts (not sure how to tell the men's from women's either...I've also asked about that), tri tops and tri one pieces. For now, I guess check out the bottom half of the tri one piece to see what their tri bottom looks like.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1267
RE: Gear Updates
POSTED: 2/19/10 8:29 PM

I just received my CS order in the mail today. Thanks for all of the work Karen ... it's like a Buddhist Christmas at the Tuan household all over again :)

Gear Samples head to BETHESDA today
POSTED: 2/21/10 1:33 PM

Just a bump...reminder that Champion Systems gear samples are relocating to Bethesda Conte's later this afternoon. Not sure an exact time - depends a bit on the traffic on Wisconsin - but should be there by 3:30 or so.

You've got one more week to try on the samples - we are picking them back up to ship them back to CS next Sunday!

Note: Still no tri shorts. We may have to put in a separate order if we can get those samples. Will continue to update this page and the Gear FAQ (on the SHOP page) as I have information.

Last Call on Gear Samples/Order
POSTED: 2/26/10 3:50 PM

Last call - tomorrow is your last day to try on the Champion Systems gear samples - they are going to be picked up from Bethesda Conte's first thing Sunday. We won't have them all back again until the fall, so if you are going to order gear this spring...go try it on now!

Update on the tri shorts samples: We'll be getting those in a separate shipment...no details yet.

The gear shop will shut down this Sunday @ 5pm to prepare our first order. This order WILL be back in time for early races (ie, before May.) I will reopen the shop after I get that order in, but the second order will be based on demand, so no promises on when that gear will be back to us.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 898
POSTED: 2/26/10 3:54 PM

Would it be possible to leave the gear at Bethesda Conte's until after the NTP Bike Buying Clinic? They would have to decide that day whether or not to buy it for the first order, but that would give them a chance to check out the sizes.

The clinic starts at 11:00 and goes until 12:30ish.

nbehappy's ravatar nbehappy    JOINED: 5/23/09    POSTS: 135
POSTED: 2/26/10 6:38 PM

i think the jerseys we ordered over the winter were hincapie, right? i guess that means they come in march.

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 192
POSTED: 4/13/10 3:06 PM

Any word on the approximate arrival date of the gear order?

krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 4/14/10 7:48 PM

Got my jersey in the mail a couple weeks ago - thanks!

tgrollman's ravatar tgrollman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
POSTED: 4/15/10 9:06 AM

I forgot to put my order in for a Tri Jersey (once again), so if anyone who has purchased a women's large and wants to sell due to it being the wrong size, please let me know!

Thanks.

Tania.

urbanlumberjack's ravatar urbanlumberjack    JOINED: 3/25/09    POSTS: 143
POSTED: 4/21/10 3:21 PM

krafty, was this the champion systems gear order that was sent out March 1? Does anyone know the status of that order? Looking forward to my new bike shorts...

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 898
POSTED: 4/21/10 3:34 PM

Champion Systems gear will be distributed at Columbia BrickNic as mentioned here.

urbanlumberjack's ravatar urbanlumberjack    JOINED: 3/25/09    POSTS: 143
POSTED: 4/21/10 3:37 PM

My bad, didn't see that. But if we aren't going to the bric'nic?

POSTED: 4/21/10 3:40 PM

If you are not attending the brick-nic, then it will be mailed to you, the same way all other gear has been distributed.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria