Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Anyone going to Amica Rhode Island 70.3?
CREATED: 06/16/10 by mtallent REPLIES: 8
mtallent's ravatar mtallent    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
Anyone going to Amica Rhode Island 70.3?
POSTED: 6/16/10 10:02 PM

Just wondering if anyone else is heading up to Rhode island on July 10th? I was hoping to share the 7 hour drive and possibly split a room...

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
RE: Anyone going to Amica Rhode Island 70.3?
POSTED: 6/17/10 8:48 AM

I'm in, but I am staying with friends and breaking the trip up by visiting friends on Long Island on the way up.

Did you get the solicitation from some bike transport co to ship your bike? It is $200 and I thinking about it, but have not had time to investigate.

I sure hope the weather stays cool up there and doesn't turn into Eagleman conidtions.

Have you done this one before? This is my first 1/2 so I just want to finish without collapsing.

courtr26's ravatar courtr26    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 117
POSTED: 6/17/10 10:00 AM

I'm in. There are three others from Team Z that I'm riding up with and we're all sharing a room. I don't know the details about what time we are leaving etc. I had posted something a few months ago looking for anyone heading up. Sorry we didn't connect! I don't think we can fit one more in the car/room. Maybe we can all meet up for dinner up there the night before the race.

Courtney

mtallent's ravatar mtallent    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 6/21/10 3:02 PM

Did anyone respond to the other post before that's going? I was hoping to share a room if I can (haven't even booked it yet). Where hotel are you guys staying at (well, Courtney's group, I see morunner is staying at a friend's)? Maybe I can at least try to get the same hotel and meet up for dinner.

I'm hoping the weather is better up there, and also hoping for no jellyfish, which is why I chose this one over Eagleman!

Morunner, as far as being your first half, just pace yourself and you'll be fine, this is my 3rd one, and there's a bunch of folks who have done a bunch of them, I'm sure you could get more advice than you ever wanted if you ask ;o)

Email me off-line so I can hopefully meet up for the pre-race dinner, eating alone is no fun! tallentmm at gmail.

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
Good luck to the RI 70.3 racers!
POSTED: 7/08/10 10:01 PM

Sorry that I forgot to give a shout out today in the club newsletter to those racing Rhode Island 70.3 this weekend! It's so hard to keep track of everyone's races! Good luck!!!

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 453
POSTED: 7/09/10 7:49 AM

Yes, good luck. It is a great race and you all will go fast!

wombat's ravatar wombat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 266
POSTED: 7/09/10 5:11 PM

Has everyone left yet? Glenn's broken wetsuit was supposed to be fixed and delivered to him in CT today but Fed Ex didn't deliver it. If someone is still in town, email me ASAP. I may rent him a suit locally and ask you to take it to him.

tammy_L_farmer at hotmail dot com

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 7/10/10 8:42 PM

I am in RI and ready to race in my DC Tri Gear ... Although this is only a warm up race for Peasantman!

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 7/11/10 10:24 AM

Glenn has finished the swim and the bike. Looking good.
TOTAL SWIM 1.2 mi. (46:06) 2:25/100m

TOTAL BIKE 56 mi. (3:08:06) 17.86 mph

Now comes the fun.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria