Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

CREATED: 12/03/13 by MilkWasABadChoice REPLIES: 4
MilkWasABadChoice's ravatar MilkWasABadChoice    JOINED: 11/12/13    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 12/03/13 1:46 PM

I have to have a minor operation a couple days after the first Sunday class, and it'll probably put me down for at least two weeks. Still worth signing up, given the fact that accountability to anyone other than myself is a big factor in my training regularly?

Thanks,
Steve

JHJ20012's ravatar JHJ20012    JOINED: 2/1/10    POSTS: 167
RE: Sign up for OSP if I know I'll miss a couple?
POSTED: 12/03/13 2:47 PM

I had to miss a couple sessions right off the bat last year and it was totally still worth it to finish out the program. You won't have your threshold test baseline b/c that is done in week 2, but you can do the test on your own and still calculate your HR zones to get a great workout for the rest of the session. Ron's class is the bomb.

Good luck w your operation and happy training.

Joyce

SeanG's ravatar SeanG    JOINED: 4/8/09    POSTS: 159
POSTED: 12/04/13 8:48 AM

If you know you will only be out for 2 weeks, and you won't miss any other weeks, sure. But if either of those assumptions are wrong, I'd skip it. It's 10 weeks, and you will be missing one of the most important weeks (Week 2) when you calculate your zones. Although you can try to replicate the test at home, the accuracy won't be as good as in the class, because it's hard to go all-out for 30 minutes on a trainer without some "gentle" encouragement from Ron and a room full of people to keep you accountable.

pgfde121's ravatar pgfde121    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 226
POSTED: 12/04/13 2:29 PM

Steve,
We can get you geared up with some training now ahead of time so that when you have the down time it won't affect your training as much. We may end up having an additional threshold session as a small group if others cannot make the second week. Shoot me an email for further details.

And Joyce/Sean thanks for providing the details!
Thx,
Ron

MilkWasABadChoice's ravatar MilkWasABadChoice    JOINED: 11/12/13    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 12/04/13 3:48 PM

Thanks to everyone for the helpful and quick responses! Ron, I'll shoot you an email when I leave work, and thanks for the heads up about the possible second threshold session.

Steve

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria