Whether the Marine Corps Marathon will be your first marathon or you are an experienced marathon runner, this event has something for you!
What: Panel Discussion / Q&A Forum
When: Saturday, October 9 · 1:30pm - 3:00pm
Where: VIDA Fitness Metropole, 1517 15th Street, NW
Join local running and medical experts as they discuss the following topics:
- Race preparation
- Injury prevention
- Course preview
- Race-day tips
- Dr. Neal Bowes, PhD: Sports psychologist with over a decade of experience supporting Olympic athletes.
- Edmund Burke: Accomplished marathoner (2:21 PR) and Olympic trials marathon runner.
- Dr. Jean Guitierrez, PhD: Sports nutritionist, exercise physiologist, and Associate Professor at GWU.
- Dr. Victor Ibrahim, MD: Sports medicine specialist and medical team captain for the New York City Marathon.
- Dr. Robert Gillanders (Moderator), DPT: Experienced physical therapist and marathon/ultramarathon runner.
This event is presented by Sports + Spinal Physical Therapy, and sponsored by VIDA Fitness and Pacers Running Company
For more information on Sports + Spinal Physical Therapy, please visit us at www.ssptdc.com or www.facebook.com/ssptdc.
Yes, this event is open to triathletes and will benefit triathletes looking for research based tips to them get to, and through, the run leg of their triathlon. Topics to be discussed include: the truth about caffeine; how to avoid hitting the wall; does carbo loading really help; and mental tactics for race day. (Brooks is also now a sponsor of the event, so you can look forward to some great door prizes.) We look forward to seeing you there!
Are you going to have a 2nd one of these? I'd like to go, but will be doing the Seagull Century this Saturday.
Unfortunately, we do not currently have second discussion planned. However, we are happy to considering organizing another event, if there is enough interest. In the interim, feel free to reach out to Robert Gillanders at firstname.lastname@example.org, if there are any specific topics that you would like information on.