Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Reston Sprint
CREATED: 05/15/09 by karlayortiz REPLIES: 8
karlayortiz's ravatar karlayortiz    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 16
Reston Sprint
POSTED: 5/15/09 9:38 AM

The Reston Sprint will be my first Tri. Has anyone done this race? If so, what kind of course layout should I be expecting as far as the bike and run?

-Karla

catgold's ravatar catgold    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 87
RE: Reston Sprint
POSTED: 5/15/09 12:11 PM

Hi Karla - I havent' done this race. It will be my friend Erin's first race too and I'll be out there as her sherpa/support team. I'd be happy to answer any last minute questions (and cheer for you), too.

Cat

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 5/15/09 12:30 PM

I did the Reston Olympic a couple years ago. It's not the exact same course, but overlaps a bit. The transition area near the pool is tiny and only has 2 bathrooms, plan accordingly.

The bike course is nice, shady with small rolling hills. Stay to the right as many earlier bikers will be eager to pass (and draft!).

The run is v nice and shaded, maybe 2 hills. It's too bad that you're not finishing at South Lakes High where the Olympic finishes. The run course is so nice, I remember running it again after finishing the race. Have fun. It's great to have a local race.

POSTED: 5/18/09 9:34 AM

Thank you, I appreciate all the help I can get

steph_430    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 33
POSTED: 6/01/09 9:04 AM

Hi Karla,
How did it go??

I did Reston Sprint yesterday as well! I'm sorry I didn't see your post earlier, or we could have made plans to meet up, or at least cheer for each other. Wasn't the rain, thunder and lightning a horrible sight at 5 a.m.?! I'm sure glad it cleared up by the time the tri started.

I had so much fun at the race and was pretty happy with how it went! I don't have a great bike, so the bike leg was a little frustrating for me, but overall I was pleased and just had a great time and a lot of fun, and I'm psyched about the next tri! I hope the same was true for you too.

Steph

ajulia's ravatar ajulia    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 143
POSTED: 6/01/09 9:17 AM

Congratulations on your first race! I'm glad the weather held up and it turned into such a beautiful day for you.

Steph, it sounds like transition went well, maybe you can show us a thing or two at the training tri this Saturday?

POSTED: 6/01/09 9:43 AM

Hey Steph,
The race was great. It too was my first one ever and I felt like I did good for the first time around. This was definitely a good time to see what I need to work on before NJ.

My swim was great, but the bike ride was rough for me. But overall, not too bad.

I'm happy to hear that you did good. And I'll def see you around.

-Karla

HillOE's ravatar HillOE    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 74
POSTED: 6/01/09 11:21 AM

Way to go Carla! (and steph).

Congrats! first one out of the way and look out NJ!

Hillary/OE

betsybbland    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 6/01/09 2:03 PM

Congrats ladies! I did it as my first one, too, and am totally hooked. SO relieved the weather cleared up. Can't wait for NJ!

Betsy

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria