Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Injuries - ISO good ortho
CREATED: 10/11/09 by mildmanneredreporter REPLIES: 8
mildmanneredreporter's ravatar mildmanneredreporter    JOINED: 8/20/09    POSTS: 26
Injuries - ISO good ortho
POSTED: 10/11/09 6:14 PM

Hi all -

With the season over, it's long past time to deal with my knee pain. Does anyone have an orthopod in NWDC or NOVA that you like? Someone familiar with sports injuries?

Thanks much -

Gary

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 192
RE: Injuries - ISO good ortho
POSTED: 10/11/09 11:41 PM

I saw Dr. Kittredge at Commonwealth Ortho in Alexandria a few years ago. I searched around a lot because I wanted someone who actually ran marathons or at least was a distance athlete and wasn't just going to say "don't ever run again." He diagnosed my chondromalacia (runner's knee) and was really helpful, and also didn't tell me to stop running. I would recommend him.
http://www.c-o-r.com/phys_kittredge.asp

Best of luck,
Hillary

Lunchbox's ravatar Lunchbox    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 10/12/09 8:43 AM

It is that time of year.
I've had great experiences at Positively Chiropractic in Annandale. Much more than just chiro. Docs are athletes.

posichiro.com

rdejonck's ravatar rdejonck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 10/12/09 7:15 PM

I was chuckling at the number of posts today in search of doc recommendations. Guess now that the season is over (for some of you) it makes sense.

I have good things to say about Dr Guidi at Nirschl Orthopaedic at the Virginia Hospital Center (Arlington). He certainly didn't rush to surgery and it was only after we exhausted a number of other options that we went that route.

With him and a good PT, I went from arthroscopic surgery in March to doing IMFL next month. He never discouraged me from working out, just reminded me to be mindful of pain. Seriously, the day after my surgery he said I could get back on my bike (trainer, just in case I fell). As far as I know he doesn't do any endurance sports, but there were days that I would have an appointment in the morning and see another doctor working in that office at the Contes ride in the evening.

Ryan

amcbride    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 40
POSTED: 10/13/09 8:17 AM

Dr Denis Harris, on New Mexico Avenue, NW has been great. He and his staff are friendly, he answers emails quickly and he has an anesthesiologist as a partner, if you need specific treatment, such as cortizone shots into you back (my current issue, a herniated disc). Not cheap, since he doesn't take insurance, he will file first for you though. But it's been the first time I've "enjoyed" going to the doctor.

amaceto    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 41
POSTED: 10/13/09 12:51 PM

Concur with the recommendation for Dr Harris.
For PT, I've had a great experience with Sports Therapy and Rehab Clinic (1112 16th Street NW, Farragut North & West metros) for neck/back (therapist Holly Jonely). A friend got PT from them for her knee and she give her therapist (can't remember name) good reviews. They accept BCBS too.
Aimee

GTDuMont's ravatar GTDuMont    JOINED: 9/28/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 10/13/09 6:17 PM

Commonwealth Orothopedic and Rehab, FFX INova office or Reston.

OAN Has anyone tried Rehab 2 Race?

mildmanneredreporter's ravatar mildmanneredreporter    JOINED: 8/20/09    POSTS: 26
POSTED: 10/13/09 6:57 PM

All - these are great. Thanks very much for the quick replies.

seleav's ravatar seleav    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 10/14/09 2:16 PM

If anyone is looking for downtown DC recommendation (19th & M St.), I've (unfortunately) had two successful experiences at
Orthopaedic Medicine and Surgery (www.dcorthodocs.com) with Dr. Mark Scheer. I've used PT both times at Professional Sports Care & Rehab (www.prosportscare.com) who I recommend too.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria