Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Running Technique Clinic - Part I
CREATED: 09/07/11 by SSPT REPLIES: 2
SSPT    JOINED: 5/28/09    POSTS: 81
Running Technique Clinic - Part I
POSTED: 9/07/11 5:19 PM

Are you wondering whether you should be running with a forefoot of midfoot strike? Is minimalist footwear is right for you? Do you know what cadence you should be aiming for? This is the first of two clinics designed to help athletes improve their running performance, and will address the tenets of good running form and answers these questions and more!

Date: Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Time: 7pm – 8pm
Where: Sports + Spinal Physical Therapy, 2175 K Street, NW, Suite C-120, Washington, DC 20037 (next to Starbucks).
Fee: FREE
RSVP: events@ssptdc.com

Topics for discussion include:
- Footstrike
- Cadence and stride length
- Posture
- Body lean
- Foot contact time
- Footwear
- Common technique errors

Instructor: This clinic will be presented by Dr. Robert Gillanders, PT, DPT. Dr. Gillanders is a 25-time marathon/ultra-marathon racer, whose accomplishments include the Grindstone 100 mile trail race, and iron-man triathlete. An experienced physical therapist, Robert has worked with both amateur and professional athletes.

For more information on Sports + Spinal Physical Therapy, please visit us at www.ssptdc.com and www.facebook.com/ssptdc.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
RE: Running Technique Clinic - Part I
POSTED: 9/08/11 9:56 AM

This guy is excellent. I highly recommend you attend and get some good tips on good running form and be able to skip injuries and PT in the future :)

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
RE: Running Technique Clinic - Part I
POSTED: 9/13/11 9:02 AM

Tonight!

Bump

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria