Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Recommendations for bike transport
CREATED: 07/10/14 by ptorresb REPLIES: 3
ptorresb's ravatar ptorresb    JOINED: 4/11/13    POSTS: 69
Recommendations for bike transport
POSTED: 7/10/14 9:52 AM

Racing Louisville in August and would like to have our bikes shipped on the way back. Does the club have a preferred partner? Else are there any strong recommendations? TriBike Transport is servicing the race. I haven't researched them, but does this mean they are the only option I am limited to? Thanks -- Pablo

HolliMarie's ravatar HolliMarie    JOINED: 6/21/11    POSTS: 183
RE: Recommendations for bike transport
POSTED: 7/10/14 1:33 PM

You can try to find a fellow DC Tri-er that is driving that could take a couple extra bikes. That's a great option. Tri bike transport is good and $$$. Race day transport is similar, you could look at their website to see if they can do it. There are probably other similar companies that a google search would ring up, but I'm not sure of the names. You could also break your bikes down and ship them UPS/Fed-Ex.

ysc2k    JOINED: 1/27/12    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 7/11/14 10:44 AM

Trying to locate someone would could take extra bikes seems like a great first try.

I was wondering about this for AG Nationals in August myself.

chris913's ravatar chris913    JOINED: 9/23/10    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 7/15/14 12:46 PM

I've used Tri Bike Transport in the past and have always been happy. It's very easy as you pick up/drop off your bike right at the expo/transtition. You should definitely ask for a discount if you're only shipping the bikes home. For ~$30 extra, they'll pick up your bike and gear bags after the race.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria