Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Didn't get into IMLP but still want to do a 2013 ironman?
CREATED: 08/03/12 by denaindc REPLIES: 3
denaindc's ravatar denaindc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 139
Didn't get into IMLP but still want to do a 2013 ironman?
POSTED: 8/03/12 12:49 PM

vineman.com

This is a non-Mdot race. There is a full IM, a full aquavela, and a women’s only 1/2 IM. The race is only 6 days after IMLP, so we'll be able to train with the rest of the group (and having training partners is key for IM training). Registration doesn't even open until November and usually doesn't sell out until a month prior to race day. And the last two years, there has been a buy two IM registrations and get one free. Yes, an IM for under $250.

I know some DC Tri members have done the race, but I can't find the race reports. If you find them, please re-post.

Just something to think about and I will post more when it gets closer.

JessO's ravatar JessO    JOINED: 6/16/09    POSTS: 66
Vineman 2013?
POSTED: 12/18/12 8:09 AM

reviving Dena's post! I'm giving this race some serious thought as my first IM. Are there others who are interested? Anyone who has raced the full and has thoughts?

I did the 70.3 years ago, and racing through beautiful Sonoma county did not disappoint. some other selling points for me...1) we'd be training with everyone else who's racing Placid (same wknd), 2) the small field (capped at 1100), and 3) the cost. Prices go up a bit at the end of the month, but if 2 people sign up together, it's about $280 -- for an Ironman! I'm practically convincing myself in writing this...
http://www.vineman.com/triathlon.htm

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 686
RE: Didn't get into IMLP but still want to do a 2013 ironman?
POSTED: 12/18/12 2:47 PM

Is Registration still open - did not see a registration page on the link... but maybe I am just a moron? I'd be interested in the full Aqua-Bike (no working left knee for the run) - if I can find a cheap flight and a sherpa and my husband doesn't threaten divorce...

denaindc's ravatar denaindc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 139
RE: Didn't get into IMLP but still want to do a 2013 ironman?
POSTED: 12/18/12 3:26 PM

Maureen-
got to the aquabike page and you will see registration on the left hand side. The 1/2 aquabike is sold out, but the full is still open.
http://www.vineman.com/aquabike.htm

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria