Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Race Day Nutrition
CREATED: 05/31/11 by lpartelow REPLIES: 4
lpartelow    JOINED: 1/16/11    POSTS: 2
Race Day Nutrition
POSTED: 5/31/11 6:23 PM

I am used to running races where there are water and snack/gu stops at regular intervals. Does anyone know what nutrition is available at the triathlon? Are there water stops? I am having trouble finding out from the DC Tri website and I am trying to figure out what kind of stuff I will need to bring with me on race day.

Any intel appreciated, thanks!

ecrandlemire's ravatar ecrandlemire    JOINED: 4/13/10    POSTS: 63
RE: Race Day Nutrition
POSTED: 5/31/11 6:35 PM

For the DC Tri, they lay out the aid stations on the course map (purple "A" is the location of an aid station) rather than the athlete guide. Since its a Sprint/Olympic event, its unlikely there will be aid stations on the bike. For the run, there will be aid stations every mile or two depending on the distance you run. Also, if you are still unsure, there will be course briefings with the race director as part of the expo at packet pickup. They are open to everyone and all questions are welcome. Hope this helps.

lpartelow    JOINED: 1/16/11    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 5/31/11 6:39 PM

thanks!

pmart15's ravatar pmart15    JOINED: 12/14/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 5/31/11 9:30 PM

Hi! I did the DC Tri last year (Sprint). During the bike portion there were no aid stations or I blew past them too fast to see them :P. During the run, there were two water/sports drink stations, one a mile into it and one about a mile from the finish.

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 6/17/11 4:25 PM

According to the Athlete Guide PDF (downloadable from the official website), an aid station approx. every mile on the run course, and another aid station in the transition area. "All aid stations will serve water and PowerAde."

Last year they also had cups of ice and towels soaked in ice water. It was very hot. If it's hot this year, take advantage of the ice and the cold towels. The daytime highs this weekend will be in the upper 80s, although race-time temperature will be a bit lower than that.

As a side note, it may be a good idea to wear a regular bike helmet instead of an aero helmet, because of the heat this weekend.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria