Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

DCTriClub Aid Station @ 2014 Nation's Triathlon
CREATED: 08/04/14 by bcfrank REPLIES: 6
bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 966
DCTriClub Aid Station @ 2014 Nation's Triathlon
POSTED: 8/04/14 6:47 AM

The 2014 Nation's Triathlon is just around the corner (just over 4 weeks away): Sunday, September 7th. We typically have over 400 active or recently active club members excitedly awaiting the opportunity to race in our nation's capital and they can use your support (and so could those 3000 other racers).

There are many opportunities to volunteer over the entire race weekend from the expo to positions over the course of the day during the event. This particular thread is about the club's aid station that will be on the run course (exact location forthcoming).

We would like to get at least 15-20 people together to help out on the run course during the race. The aid station will be responsible for handing out water and Gatorade and any other materials they give us (possibly cold sponges/cloths, nutrition packs and/or ice). It is a great way to see the racers, to give back to the sport which you know and love, and to hang out with some really cool fellow club members (like me, of course!). In addition, you will get a really cool volunteer shirt as well as all the free water and Gatorade that you could possibly want.

If you would like to help us out at the aid station, please go to this google doc and fill out your name and email address: 2014 Nation's Triathlon Aid Station. If you have any comments/special directions such as only being able to work certain hours or so, then please put those on the google sheet as well. I might need you to fill out a specific form for Nation's Tri itself at a later date, but for now this will suffice. I will send out an email with more specific instructions at a later date once I get more details about times and locations.

We always have a great time down at the aid station blasting some tunes and cheering on our teammates and other racers. So if you're not racing, please consider helping out!

Thank you in advance!

Bryan

And if you have spare time on Friday or Saturday, the race organizers could really use your help at packet pickup. So please volunteer and help out where you can. Even if you are racing, you can still help out.

... and we thank you for your support.

SBsteph's ravatar SBsteph    JOINED: 1/24/11    POSTS: 83
RE: DCTriClub Aid Station @ 2014 Nation's Triathlon
POSTED: 8/06/14 1:50 PM

Sorry I can't join the fun at the aid station this year, but hoping to see some familiar faces at packet pickup 12-4 on saturday! :)

chris913's ravatar chris913    JOINED: 9/23/10    POSTS: 33
POSTED: 8/07/14 10:26 AM

I'm in...once I get my 9-year old to show me how to add my name to the google doc.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 966
POSTED: 8/16/14 8:03 PM

Things that go BUMP on the weekend.

I'll never turn away help! :)

mtighe's ravatar mtighe    JOINED: 5/30/12    POSTS: 34
POSTED: 8/21/14 8:43 PM

Hey Bryan...I'm racing that Sunday but happy to complete a shift the day before. To be honest though, when I volunteered at the expo and packet pick up a couple years ago, the organizers had more volunteers than they knew what to do with. Do you know which Saturday shifts and locations are truly most in need of help?

Meghan

JHJ20012's ravatar JHJ20012    JOINED: 2/1/10    POSTS: 174
POSTED: 8/22/14 9:42 AM

Can we do a Super Hero themed aid station this year? Pretty please?

rbnmyers77's ravatar rbnmyers77    JOINED: 11/17/11    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 8/25/14 3:12 PM

Hi Meghan,

We really need help at the Bike Racking on Saturday right now!! You can go to http://volunteer.competitor.com/signup.php?event_id=460 to sign up. If you have any questions please feel to contact me at volunteernationstri@competitorgroup.com.

Thanks,
Robin

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria