Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Augusta 70.3
CREATED: 03/27/09 by chad0022 REPLIES: 30
janelkaye's ravatar janelkaye    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 36
RE: Augusta 70.3
POSTED: 9/22/09 3:54 PM

Good luck to everyone participating! Safe travels and fun racing!
Janel

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 9/22/09 7:38 PM

Good luck to everyone this weekend! Have fun and enjoy the experience then congratulate yourself for all of your hard work and a job well done.

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
POSTED: 9/22/09 11:41 PM

Good luck to everyone
I ll be heading down on Friday morning and coming back Monday
staying at forgot the name of the hotel right now Looking forward to have fun and tune up for IM Arizona.
For those interested here is a video of the course scroll down is at the bottom of the page
http://www.wfxg.com/Global/story.asp?S=11127974

chad0022's ravatar chad0022    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 331
POSTED: 9/23/09 10:58 AM

Incase you have been checking around the clock like me… According to the Ironman Augusta website

"WEATHER NOTICE:
Race management is closely monitoring the weather and water conditions in the Savannah River. At this time, the weather conditions currently affecting the city of Atlanta have not materialized in the city of Augusta. We anticipate the ESi Ironman 70.3 Augusta to proceed as a Triathlon as planned. We will post any updates to the front page of this site; please check back.

Thanks,
Bill Burke, Race Director, Premier Event Management"

Herminator's ravatar Herminator    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 9/23/09 11:18 AM

I really don't want to add fuel to this fire of anxiety. However, is anyone anticipating travel problems? I'm going with the assumption that all of the major routes should be clear. Nonetheless, I'm leaving relatively early (from Charlotte) and bringing my trusty GPS. I'd hate to be stuck with only a set of printed directions.

Oh, and I'm also loving the weather.com forcast for the weekend. Lots of pretty pictures of clouds and lightning. If we're swimming and lightning strikes, that jolt kills all of the nasty bacteria and leaves us with a nice, clean place to swim, right?

chad0022's ravatar chad0022    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 331
Augusta 70.3
POSTED: 9/24/09 4:01 PM

Hey all,

I know some people are heading down tomorrow (Friday). I am going to try and make the 5 pm race briefing if anyone is going around that time frame - and possibly wants to grab dinner after.

An update to the website "Update: The Savannah Riverkeepers and city officials have provided us with the latest water samples (taken September 22nd). The water results are excellent, and at this time, we continue to anticipate that the ESi Ironman 70.3 Augusta will proceed as a Triathlon as planned. We will post any updates to the front page of this site; please check back."

Oh, and I have a DC Tri Banner that will be somewhere or with someone's family on Sunday.

Safe Travels!!
Amanda

POSTED: 9/24/09 4:47 PM

I ' ll be heading over there Tomorrow between 7:30 and 8:00 in the morning and targeting the 5 or 6 pm briefing. I won't be able to go to dinner because I am with 3 other and we are satying at the Jameson Suites and the plan is go directly to the briefing and then to check in.
So we can cross at the brefing
I ll be wearing my Dc tri shirts through out the weekend

Rnjoy the trip Eric

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1061
POSTED: 9/24/09 5:37 PM

Enjoy the race everyone. I hope everything goes as planned and you all have wicked fast times!

POSTED: 9/26/09 8:18 PM

Hey I know the race is tomorrow but is anybody is looking for a fast swim this the race the current is ultra fast ...

Tuan I think your vertical swimming skills are going to save you a lot of time here

Good luck to everyone tomorrow

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 264
POSTED: 9/27/09 10:27 PM

Congrats to all the Augusta finishers today- there were some smoking fast times (and not just on the swim!)

Being so far from home made me miss the big DC races, and all the shouts of Go DCTRI! around every corner, but it was fun to come down to Georgia and represent the club.

Everyone have a safe drive home!

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 9/28/09 7:06 AM

Great job everyone! Congrats on finishing - hope you all achieved your goals.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria