Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Training Tri - FULL
CREATED: 05/31/11 by ncrcoach REPLIES: 7
ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1050
Training Tri - FULL
POSTED: 5/31/11 9:21 PM

The training tri for this Saturday, June 4th is FULL. There are no more sign ups allowed. Also, to sign up you must have paid through the club 'Shop'. Checking off 'attend' under the Race Section is not part of the registration. All registrants will be receiving an email from me with some instructions.

We are still in need of several more volunteers. It takes about 18-20 to help put this event on. -Hugh

bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 184
RE: Training Tri - FULL
POSTED: 6/01/11 9:13 AM

Hugh,

Are we going to be predicting our swim times this year, or will we just line up on race day?

Brad

slowtwitchva's ravatar slowtwitchva    JOINED: 2/18/10    POSTS: 207
POSTED: 6/01/11 11:12 AM

Any support/approval from those pesky park police? They had it out for us last year!

POSTED: 6/01/11 2:17 PM

Brad - you can send them to me along with an emergency contact number. I was waiting for the event to fill up before I sent something out.

lizwest    JOINED: 1/25/10    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 6/02/11 9:32 AM

I signed up but cant make it. First person to email elizabethj.west at gmail.com can have my spot!

POSTED: 6/02/11 11:28 AM

Liz, I hate to tell you, but we open up the training tri to 110 people and we usually fig

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 954
POSTED: 6/02/11 11:56 AM

I think what Hugh meant to write out completely is that there are no "bib" transfers even in the training triathlon. We have a capacity limit due to the pool usage and the club oversells the event by a few spots because of the expected attrition of people who sign up but are not able to attend.

Bryan

POSTED: 6/02/11 12:40 PM

Thanks, Bryan. Yes, he is correct. I was trying to type a reply, but had to rush out and get my next class. We are only allowed 100 swimmers and usually add 10 to the Shop due to attrition.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria