Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Good Int IM Training Programs??
CREATED: 09/08/11 by tdn9999 REPLIES: 2
tdn9999's ravatar tdn9999    JOINED: 7/16/09    POSTS: 49
Good Int IM Training Programs??
POSTED: 9/08/11 9:10 AM

I see tons of various vendors selling training plans which I'm reluctant to purchase b/c the uncertainty that the plan seems to be a “couch to finish”. I’m looking for something more aggressive & want to finish with some daylight (12hr-13hr). Does anyone recommend any pay training plans which I should take a look at? Coach Troy's 16 week plan?
Thanks

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
RE: Good Int IM Training Programs??
POSTED: 9/08/11 9:27 AM

This 1 is for free
http://www.trifuel.com/triathlon/ironman-workouts/

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 296
RE: Good Int IM Training Programs??
POSTED: 9/08/11 9:41 AM

I used Endurance Nation's beginner plan for my first IM last year (finished in 13:0X). They have various levels depending on your expected speed/training hours per week. Pricing is at various levels, so you can go from bare-bones 16-week pdf of workouts to 40 weeks w/ course video and weekly podcasts. Folks in their online "team" range from 14:xx+ to Kona qualifiers. (I'm not on the team.)

The plans rely heavily on using a powermeter for the bike and pace for the run, though if you don't have a powermeter, you can still get a lot out of the plan if you sub in heartrate the way they describe. PM me if you want more info - I'll be using the plan again for next year.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria