Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Cross train with CrossFit Capitol Hill
CREATED: 03/27/09 by jen_ REPLIES: 3
jen_'s ravatar jen_    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 162
Cross train with CrossFit Capitol Hill
POSTED: 3/27/09 4:05 PM

Tired of doing the same ol' upper body, lower body, and core workout at the gym?

Looking to revamp up your training program or want to add some oomph to it?

Look no further than CrossFit Capitol Hill.

Located at the Anacostia Community Boathouse in conjunction with DC Strokes Rowing Club, CFCH is starting its summer group training schedule.

Classes include:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 6:00AM,
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday at 8:00AM, 1:00pm, or 6:15PM

Short on time? There's also a 30 minute class at 5:30PM on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

In an hours time, you'll get in a warm up, skill work, WOD (workout of the day), and core work using a medicine ball, kettlebell, jungle gym, or Power Wheel, to name a few pieces of a equipment.

Not sure about lifting heavy stuff? No worries! There are an infinite number of body weight workouts that can be done with push ups, pull ups, burpees, and body weight squats that will leave you begging for a kettlebell.

Workouts involve both CrossFit and Monkey Bar Gym principles and can be scaled for anyone at any fitness level. Modifications can also be made for anyone with injuries or other limitations.

Get out of the gym and get to the boathouse where no two workouts are the same!

I've been training with Patrick and went on to become a Certified Natural Trainer through the Monkey Bar Gym. I have lost 10 lbs, dropped two pants sizes, and set a 40 minute PR in a recent 40 mile trail run and finished with no muscle soreness.

Still not convinced or have any questions? Email me or Patrick and we'll be happy to answer any questions or concerns you might have.

Thanks
Jen

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
RE: Cross train with CrossFit Capitol Hill
POSTED: 3/28/09 8:47 AM

thanks for posting Jen. Any discounts for DC Tri people? Or free introductory classes?

p.s. nice superhero photo. I barely recognize you.

POSTED: 3/29/09 10:08 PM

There is a free week available for anyone who wants to try it out - DC Tri members or friends of friends who aren't members (yet!). Email Patrick from the link in the previous post, or through the "Email Me" link on the front of the CrossFit Capitol Hill website (link in the previous post).

If you are interested in trying it out, please don't just show up to one of the classes. Please email Patrick ahead of time and he'll send you additional information before starting up.

Jen

PS - I'm there Monday AM and PM (6:15), and Friday AM.

POSTED: 4/09/09 10:02 AM

FYI - Just a reminder about the free week trial. Check out the CFCH website for a link to get set up.

WODs are posted as well.

Hope to see some of you there!

Jen

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria