DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Air Force Cycling Classic 2012 Notes
CREATED: 06/09/12 by mosered REPLIES: 3
mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1761
Air Force Cycling Classic 2012 Notes
POSTED: 6/09/12 9:12 PM

Some prep notes/cautions from local bike club VeloDCity:

"On the first lap, pay close attention to the road surface. There have been really bad/dangerous spots last couple years. Potholes and tire-catching storm grates...This is [rather like] an "Unsupported" ride. Carry all the hydration & fuel you think you'll need over the course of 3.5 hours, or have someone along the course who can hand you stuff along the course. There are no [sometimes no true] pit stops with tables of food, water, or Gatorade refills. The last couple of years they have eventually gotten some people handing out bottles of water..."

Mccluer's ravatar Mccluer    JOINED: 5/3/12    POSTS: 35
RE: Air Force Cycling Classic 2012 Notes
POSTED: 6/10/12 10:55 AM

Hope all that rode had a good time! It was super fun.
-megan

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 502
POSTED: 6/11/12 8:06 AM

Indeed! It was a great day and the best course to date imho. Lots of straight aways with smooth roads. Couple bottle necks and potholes to as to be expected but mostly open and clear, especially after the first (exploratory) lap.
Good to see a bit of DC Tri Club representation out there and if this is the same Megan I met post ride, good meeting you.
Results once posted...
http://www.airforcecyclingclassic.com/index.php/results

ajm27's ravatar ajm27    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
POSTED: 6/11/12 10:52 AM

This was my first time doing this ride and I, too, loved it! It was a nice change from the norm. It also forced you to get your blood moving and heart pumping a little more than normal. While some fluids might have been nice at the end to rehydrate (or maybe they were hiding somewhere I didn't see), all in all I would give it two thumbs up!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria