Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next Page

Sat Morning Indoor Sessions at Conte's
CREATED: 01/02/11 by pgfde121 REPLIES: 136
pgfde121's ravatar pgfde121    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 231
RE: Sat Morning Indoor Sessions at Conte's
POSTED: 1/03/11 2:23 PM

I'll have a sign up sheet with me each week, this way those who have started the program will have a chance to continue in successive weeks. Once I see who plans to be there the following week I'll open it to others in the forum and let everyone know how many spots are available.

If we have a whole lot more interest (another 15-20 people) then we could possibly consider expanding the program to another day/night, but that would be subject to logistics and my schedule since I teach two or three other classes each week as well.

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 1/03/11 2:26 PM

I definitely appreciate that you want people who have started the program to have first dibs at the following week. Though, that means I don't have much of a chance of getting in. I'd love to attend the first week, but I will be out of town. :(

ellenwex's ravatar ellenwex    JOINED: 11/16/09    POSTS: 65
POSTED: 1/03/11 3:50 PM

x2 on Abby's comment - this is what happens when I take 48 hours off from the forum! :(

clcohen's ravatar clcohen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 89
POSTED: 1/03/11 4:59 PM

Ditto. I'm out of town this weekend, but not next.

starcaro's ravatar starcaro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 60
POSTED: 1/03/11 5:30 PM

I'd like to state my interest in another group since I missed the sign up for this one and will be out of town the following weekend, but I am very interested in this structured program. That, and I'd like more opportunities to talk about my flip flops with Ron. :)

Carolina

JoJo's ravatar JoJo    JOINED: 7/6/10    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 1/03/11 5:46 PM

I would be interested as well!
Joann

POSTED: 1/03/11 9:43 PM

Well folks, you all have elected the powers that be to make these types of decisions, so I'll be asking the BOD for some direction as to how to proceed. They meet tomorrow evening and I'll post additional info once a decision has been made as to the sign up process.

I'll also check with Conte's to see if there is additional floor space for more people since there is significant interest in this program.

Thanks All,

R

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 498
POSTED: 1/03/11 10:16 PM

For the incredibly bad-ass triathletes who missed the cuttoff, I'll be in the Contes parking lot sporting a singlet in 20 degree temps wishing I could be inside.

markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 220
POSTED: 1/03/11 11:16 PM

Way cool, thanks for doing this Ron.

Adding myself to the thread so I can be quick on the keys next time.

Kevin

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1714
POSTED: 1/04/11 9:30 AM

Given the huge interest, maybe look into a second parallel venue? Revolution Bikes, Conte's Bethesda, somebody's spacious basement? Maybe with a leader "deputized" by Ron? Conduct the workouts simultaneously even? Thus avoid the signup frenzy, while meeting demand?

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 498
POSTED: 1/04/11 9:48 AM

On it Ed, Revolution Cycles is standing up a Sunday spin session. It won't be exclusive to DC Tri however it would be able to accommodate a larger group since it will be held at their Clarendon location. The 2010 board had discussed some options with Rev last year to provide off season spin sessions. As a follow up, I sent a note to their GM, Jakob today to get more info and will share as soon as we hear back.

Stephen, if we have time let's discuss this during new business at tonights board meeting.

RT

POSTED: 1/04/11 9:56 AM

Would be great if we could offer the same program each week, then people could attend Sat or Sun and get the same progression, and work on their own one day each week as well.

POSTED: 1/04/11 11:07 AM

The Polar discount code (Athletics 10, one word no spaces) is working again. I just checked and there are some substantial discounts. The CS400 lists at $339 but is $221 with the discount, the RS800CX with the cross training/multi package goes from $519 down to $325. Pretty good deals.

The most basic watch (the FT-4 mens and womens) are $65 with the deal. Yes, you can get some Timex models and others slightly cheaper, but their HR bands aren't as comfortable. Aside from my obvious bias working for Polar, they are some high quality products...

SeanG's ravatar SeanG    JOINED: 4/8/09    POSTS: 159
POSTED: 1/04/11 11:16 AM

So is the code the same as the one you posted originally, or is there something new for 2011? Thanks

keepingitawesome's ravatar keepingitawesome    JOINED: 5/4/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 1/04/11 11:25 AM

Can I be #2 on the waiting list?

Thanks! Lindy

ecrandlemire's ravatar ecrandlemire    JOINED: 4/13/10    POSTS: 63
POSTED: 1/04/11 11:47 AM

I tried the new code (Athletics10) and it says the code can't be found.

trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 133
POSTED: 1/04/11 11:52 AM

A Sunday option would be great!

KingsPoint2001's ravatar KingsPoint2001    JOINED: 11/2/09    POSTS: 99
POSTED: 1/04/11 12:28 PM

Not sure if anyone has ever tried in the past, but maybe try using a elementary/middle/high school gym. Might be empty for a couple hours on the weekends.

POSTED: 1/04/11 12:41 PM

Great idea, I have a call into Arlington facilities to see if they have anything available.

ecrandlemire's ravatar ecrandlemire    JOINED: 4/13/10    POSTS: 63
POSTED: 1/04/11 1:02 PM

If the schools aren't open to letting us use their facilities, Arlington also has a bunch of community centers with indoor areas for larger groups. Here is the link.

http://www.arlingtonva.us/Departments/ParksRecreation/scripts/comm_center/ParksRecreationScriptsComm_centerCommList.aspx

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria