Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next Page

Sat Morning Indoor Sessions at Conte's
CREATED: 01/02/11 by pgfde121 REPLIES: 136
trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
RE: Sat Morning Indoor Sessions at Conte's
POSTED: 1/09/11 4:01 PM

FYI- Noticed a lot of people had their bikes on their roofs or on the back of their car like me. There was a lot of salt on the road, so you might want to wipe down your bike, or hose it down really quick. As aluminum does not rust, the bolts and some other stuff that is metal will. Thought I would throw that out to you all.

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 1/10/11 8:24 AM

Hi everyone!

In order to make the sign up process a little less of a headache, we're going to start using a Google document to track attendance. If you plan to sign up for the Conte’s Indoor Trainer Sessions, please make sure that you are able to access Google Docs. I will post the link to the document at Noon today.

If you signed up after class on Saturday, your name has already been added to the list; however, you will be responsible for managing taking your name OFF the list if you need to cancel, so even if you are already signed up for next week, please make sure that you are able to access Google Docs as well.

Happy Monday!
Abby

RJohnson1979's ravatar RJohnson1979    JOINED: 9/13/09    POSTS: 81
POSTED: 1/10/11 9:59 AM

Thanks Abby! I assume if I can open the original google doc that Ron posted listing all the workouts, that I will be able to access this one too? Thanks!

Ryan

POSTED: 1/10/11 10:06 AM

Yes, I believe so. It will be a public document.

bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 184
POSTED: 1/10/11 12:04 PM

Well,

It's 12:01.

LOL.

POSTED: 1/10/11 12:06 PM

I was in a meeting. :P

KingsPoint2001's ravatar KingsPoint2001    JOINED: 11/2/09    POSTS: 99
POSTED: 1/12/11 4:20 PM

Being new to HR training, this is probably a newbie question, but I'll ask it. In doing the first week's workout, I noticed when I had to drop down to Z2 in each of the first 6 sets, it took time for my HR to drop after reducing resistance and maintaining the RPM listed. So I probably ended up in the bottom of Z3 for another minute or two while alternating legs. Would it be better to drop below the RPM listed to get the heart rate to drop faster to Z2 or maintain the RPM listed and let the heart rate fall slower...spending more time in Z3?

pgfde121's ravatar pgfde121    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 233
POSTED: 1/12/11 4:37 PM

If you are in the bottom of Z3 you're fine, the point of those drills is flush out the hydrogen ions that have built up at threshold, recharge the bodies energy systems and to ensure that you're not creating too much stress on your single leg. I didn't want people yanking their hamstrings or pulling muscles in the first week of class!

In the session we had alot of people who had difficulty maintaining the higher cadences. That is due to two main reasons, core muscles/stabiliators are not strong enough, and second muscle memory. Getting that leg up and around from the 9 oclock to 2 oclock position can be awkward when you are working on these drills. We ended up cutting off single leg drills during the last set b/c it was simply too fast for most people (myself included) to maintain proper form. As we improve our strength and muscle memory we'll try it again to see how it works. Usually one leg is much better than the other...

As we continue to build through the intervals, you'll see that your body recovers more quickly after each set at LT. We'll build up the duration and intensity as the weeks progress so that you can ride longer and longer at threshold intensity, while increasing our lactate threshold, thus able to ride longer and harder/faster.

See you all Sat morning!

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 361
POSTED: 1/26/11 12:58 AM

My bike comp seems to think I rode 60 miles in 2 hours...I think the training program is good but not THAT good lol. The average cadence seems to be right but my speed and distance pretty much doubled since last week. Any ideas what I can do to fix it?

Pam

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1292
POSTED: 1/26/11 8:23 AM

Pam,

Check the magnet
Check the battery
Check the calibration
And most of all, get off of the juice :)

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 361
POSTED: 1/26/11 6:01 PM

Lol. Thanks Tuan :)

tycottrill    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 100
POSTED: 1/28/11 4:42 PM

Do we start spinning at 7:30, or is that when the doors open?

RJohnson1979's ravatar RJohnson1979    JOINED: 9/13/09    POSTS: 81
POSTED: 1/28/11 4:56 PM

tycottrill - Usually the doors open around 7:15 and we set up from 7:15-7:30 and start spinning at 7:30.

Ryan

POSTED: 1/28/11 11:02 PM

Hi All,

If you had one of the special heart rate monitors from last week and forgot to get it back to me please shoot me an email or bring it by tomorrow. I'm missing #3. I know everyone filled out the sign up sheet with their numbers, however, I seemed to have left that at Conte's.

Thanks!
R

POSTED: 1/29/11 2:24 PM

Hey All,

I won't mince words here and get right to the point. There are some people who have placed friends names on the sign up sheet for next week. You are all well aware that there is a sign up process to be followed and that you should not be signing up people who did not attend this week.

Anyone caught violating this process in future weeks will immediately be removed from the classes.

We've had many people who could not make various sessions due to other events and we could not make exceptions for them, and in the interest of fairness I do not intend to start now.

Abby will be posting the sign up list around noon on Monday.

Thanks for your cooperation.

R

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 1/29/11 3:34 PM

Thanks for the great workout and encouraging all of us this morning. It was tough but definitely worth it!

POSTED: 2/08/11 12:25 PM

FYI this will be a recovery week (Saturday 2/12) for the indoor trainer sessions. There will be no regularly scheduled session; Ron will post a recovery workout as soon as he can (he is swamped at work).

The sign up list will apply for next week. I will start a new thread.

POSTED: 2/09/11 2:11 PM

Rcovery Ride is posted. Enjoy the easy session. Still do it twice this week!

ksdecker44    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
POSTED: 2/14/11 10:46 PM

Hi!

Are there any spots in Saturday (Feb.19th's) Class? I am guessing most people have a spot reserved every week, but wanted to see if anyone was not attending this week...

Karly

POSTED: 2/16/11 9:01 AM

Reminder, if you can't make this weeks session please remove your name from the list so we can move people up the waitlist.

Thanks,
R

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria