Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next Page

Sat Morning Indoor Sessions at Conte's
CREATED: 01/02/11 by pgfde121 REPLIES: 136
pgfde121's ravatar pgfde121    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 233
RE: Sat Morning Indoor Sessions at Conte's
POSTED: 2/22/11 9:24 AM

List is posted for this coming week, there are alot of people out due to two group ski trips, so good chance to get in. However, be forewarned, if you haven't been staying up with a solid riding/training program this next class is not the best time to decide to start riding...

POSTED: 2/22/11 9:26 AM

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap6VKXkXbm2udGdEQkMwb0RSbWU1bk91QzJwRjNhUlE&authkey=CICW9MAN&hl=en#gid=7

bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 184
POSTED: 2/22/11 9:31 AM

I will be wearing a helmet this week.

slowtwitchva's ravatar slowtwitchva    JOINED: 2/18/10    POSTS: 207
POSTED: 2/23/11 3:46 PM

How do I sign up? Also, how long are the classes?

alex's ravatar alex    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 2/23/11 4:19 PM

Click on the link 2 posts up and enter your name in the spreadsheet.

POSTED: 3/02/11 12:44 PM

The final schedule looks like this:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhPe9nmGPFSudEdJOVBib0ZzdEdkNlQxQktVTjJlaEE&hl=en&authkey=CKmr3ekD

Note this weeks Sat session will be the most difficult to date. Please come with fresh legs and be prepared to work. If you're going to simply occupy a bike and goof off there are people on the wait list that would love to have a slot. When we're supposed to be in Zone 4, you shouldn't be having a discussion about where we're getting lunch.

When we move higher in zone 4/zone 5, you should be thinking how much you hate me. A good indication of finding zone 5 is if you pick up your water bottle to your lips after a zone 5 effort, and then say to yourself, I think I'd throw up if I tried to put anything down the hatch, then you are where you need to be.

There should not be alot of chit chat. The rest of the folks in the class are there to work and attempting to find their zone and don't need any disruptions. Treat this as a race day effort and I won't have to remind you.

The last week we'll be redoing the field test to see if we've made measurable improvements in our HR zones. This is how we know that the hours spent in the saddle has been worth the time we've invested.

As always, any questions let me know, looks like we have a very full group this week. I'm glad you put away your ski's and are getting your butts back in gear.

R

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 361
POSTED: 3/06/11 11:12 PM

Hey Ron,

Do we have a mid-week workout for this week?

POSTED: 3/07/11 9:25 AM

First off I wanted to thank you guys for the Conte's gift certificate that Ed presented to me Sat night, very much appreciated!

I'm glad you guys have made the committment to the program and are indeed seeing results and having a positive experience. I really enjoy working with you guys and hope that the results carry forward into the race season!

This weeks workout will be a repeat of this past Sat session. I looked at the HR data and you should be sufficiently recovered by Tues to repeat the ride. Just be careful with the hard workouts Thurs/Fri because you want fresh legs for the field test Sat morning.

After putting more thought into it, I think we'll just have the session at Conte's again, this will avoid you guys having to shift gears and worry about the wind at HP. I want the test to be as close to the first field test as possible, so indoors it is. You guys can head out after that and get an outside ride if it warms up.

We'll keep it at the usual start time so we don't throw anyones schedule off, doors will open @715 and we'll aim to be starting the warm up at 730.

RJohnson1979's ravatar RJohnson1979    JOINED: 9/13/09    POSTS: 81
POSTED: 3/07/11 1:53 PM

This was a very structured, well thought out, and effective bike training program. I really enjoyed it. Thanks Ron!

Ryan

POSTED: 3/07/11 2:37 PM

Lets see how effective it is when we retest this weekend! The registration link is open again for this Sat. Due to alot of you guys skipping last week (btw don't try that again...) I don't think we'll cap out this week. But if anyone has trouble signing up let me know.

New riders, if you don't have any idea where you're training zones are, this is a good chance for you to explore that so you have meaningful HR zones to train in for the upcoming season. That being said, you should have a baseline level of fitness and have been riding before attempting the field test.

POSTED: 3/11/11 9:28 AM

Okay so what happened? This week we're way short on people. If you did the field test on week 2, and stayed with the program please come back this week to retest, otherwise you (and I) won't know if this program worked as designed!

I know the practice Du is this weekend, and its supposed to be nice, but you can come in, do your test in 75 minutes, and get outside and ride later!

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 361
POSTED: 3/11/11 9:38 AM

I thought I signed up for tomorrow... I'll add myself to the list but other people probably thought they were signed up too

tycottrill    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 100
POSTED: 3/11/11 10:01 AM

Two spots open tomorrow.

Ron,
Thanks for some great workouts. See you on the road.

POSTED: 3/11/11 2:55 PM

Ah yes, I did forget to add those who signed up last week...my apologies! We'll accomodate anyone who signed up last week and who's name I didn't add to the schedule...

bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 184
POSTED: 3/14/11 8:23 AM

Sorry I didn't make it. I woke up coughing my brains out on Saturday... thanks for a great class. I'll be doing some version of the program all summer.

POSTED: 11/29/11 11:39 AM

FYI for those of you on this discussion topic, a new spreadsheet has been started to gauge interest in indoor training sessions this year (Jan 2012).

Hoping to improve the sign up process and program this time around. Let me know if you have any questions, otherwise please complete the google spreadsheet under the NEW topic heading (under Bike Training, Conte's Indoor sessions with Ron).

Thanks all,

R

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1742
POSTED: 11/29/11 1:53 PM

Last year's sessions were hard and sweaty, but fun spinning with fellow riders. Solid instruction on cadence and aerobic thresholds.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria