Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Rumpus in Bumpass Sprint Sunday
CREATED: 04/12/11 by mbowman4 REPLIES: 5
mbowman4's ravatar mbowman4    JOINED: 5/3/10    POSTS: 14
Rumpus in Bumpass Sprint Sunday
POSTED: 4/12/11 10:20 AM

I just registered for the sprint (about 20 slots left). Haven't really trained much. Figure though that if I'm not training enough on my own to get to my goals of Olympic distance this summer and maybe Half in the fall then the best way is to just go out there and finish a real race!

If you need a ride my plan is to leave 6am Sunday morning (have plans Saturday) from Falls Church in my SUV so there would be room for 1 or 2 more. It is about a 2:15 drive. Race starts at 10am so there should be adequate time to prepare. Well, adequate for me, since I'm not looking to set any records. Just want to get out there in real water, real race environment and kick off the season.

spleary's ravatar spleary    JOINED: 8/17/10    POSTS: 73
RE: Rumpus in Bumpass Sprint Sunday
POSTED: 4/12/11 11:00 AM

I'm racing too! I did this course last year for Giant Acorn and loved it! Here's hoping we don't freeze in the water (curse you sleeveless wetsuit!).

POSTED: 4/12/11 11:27 AM

I just rented a sleeveless from Bonzai, so gonna have to tough out the chill like you and then hopefully my transition will be easier. Anyway, I will probably be just about the last swimmer out of the water as I am so slow swimming.

Marcus

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 398
POSTED: 4/12/11 12:29 PM

I've been in the lake the last two weekends... full suit is the way to go :) Water was in the 50's, though one guy swam in a sleeveless, seemed okay.

I'm going to be there for the Oly... if it even happens. Damn the rain!

Good to see you coming out, Marcus!

Trevor

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 4/12/11 1:46 PM

I'm with Trevor on this one... I practiced in a sleeveless (i'm racing on Sat.) and nearly froze my ass off.

Monday morning, I decided to be a baller and ordered a full suit. That lake is not messing around!

oh yea... curse the rain!!

Elaine

POSTED: 4/12/11 2:11 PM

Thanks for the advice and shout out Elaine and Trevor.

When I go to Bonzai I will try and get a full suit-- especially considering how slow I swim I'm going to be in the water a while longer than most people. ;)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria