Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

No DC Tri club love at City Sports
CREATED: 04/12/11 by appleseed REPLIES: 7
appleseed's ravatar appleseed    JOINED: 11/5/09    POSTS: 20
No DC Tri club love at City Sports
POSTED: 4/12/11 11:20 AM

Just went to the City Sports in C-town. DC Tri? What's that? 10% discount what's that? Signed up for their customer loyalty card and got a 5% discount anyway.

Did I just hit a poorly trained cashier/manager or are they no longer a partner? Are their others on the Partners list that no longer provide the discounts?

pserfass's ravatar pserfass    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 441
RE: No DC Tri club love at City Sports
POSTED: 4/12/11 12:55 PM

Wow, that's really strange. Especially at City Sports. Since they also provide discounts to kickball leagues and lots of other groups, normally you only have to say discount and they give it to you. I think you've got someone poorly trained, but to be sure, I'll pass your message on to our merchant partner coordinator.

partnerships@dctriclub.org

I'm sure he'll post something here when we get to the bottom of it. Thanks for letting us know.

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 4/12/11 1:08 PM

They stopped the 10% discount a while ago and switched to the 5% reward program. I also miss the 20% discounts that were in the Metro Sports (now Competitor Magazine).
The 19th Street location is a block from my office so the lack of discount doesn't stop me from buying half the store.

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 507
POSTED: 4/12/11 1:58 PM

Working on this. It was brought to my attention 2 months ago that City Sports has changed their discount programs with clubs and they have a new loyalty program. I've been in contact with Corporate and am working with them to establish and even better discount offer for our club.

Thanks for your stewardship here to bring this to our attention! We will make an offical announcement in our weekly newsletter when City Sports is back on board and with an even better member benefit!

Ryan, Club Partnership Director

jen_'s ravatar jen_    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 162
POSTED: 4/12/11 2:17 PM

Interesting. I'm a few blocks from the Galleryplace CS store and would shop there knowing we had the discount. I might go there still, but to try on clothes/shoes and buy them elsewhere for cheaper.

5% discount? rewards? What is that exactly? Do I earn points for purchases? It's not enough to get me to shop there.

And I, too, miss the 20% coupon that was in the Metro/Competitor Mag.

Thanks for looking into this.

jen

appleseed's ravatar appleseed    JOINED: 11/5/09    POSTS: 20
POSTED: 4/12/11 7:09 PM

Thanks for the quick response Ryan. I too find City Sports really convenient especially for the knicknacks etc...

jdruke's ravatar jdruke    JOINED: 9/2/10    POSTS: 64
POSTED: 4/13/11 8:47 AM

They wouldn't give me the discount at Gtown either. Thanks for working on it!

sftodctri    JOINED: 8/10/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 4/13/11 11:08 AM

i've found city sport's staff to not be very knowledgeable regarding, well anything. and they are way over priced. i might be spoiled by sports basement on the west coast....anyhoo, the folks at fleet feet in columbia heights are more in tune and some are actually athletes and can relate to my needs. just sayin. hope i didn't open up a can...new to the area. cheers.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria