DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next Page

Thursday Morning Poursuivant @ Hains Point
CREATED: 03/12/12 by abbyjs REPLIES: 136
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
Thursday Morning Poursuivant @ Hains Point
POSTED: 3/12/12 10:08 AM

Hello all!

Coming soon to a Hains Point near you, I will be leading a Thursday AM workout. I call us the TMP because saying "B Group" makes it sound like we won't be going fast... but we sure will! We'll just be in pursuit of the faster group, heh heh. I expect the pace to be anywhere from 18-22mph depending on the wind and the workout.

I will post a workout (generally 75-90 minutes, starting at 6:15 or 6:30), I will meet at the tennis courts and not the intersection to avoid confusion with the other group. I will use my Verizon cell phone for determining the accurate clock time, and I will clip in promptly.

I told Andrea I would start the ride when it got warmer, but now I have to change my tune: it's plenty warm this coming Thursday, but it will be a little too dark still.

Keep an eye out for more information!!

--Abby
abby.sanford19 at yahoo.com

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 361
RE: Thursday Morning Poursuivant @ Hains Point
POSTED: 3/12/12 11:03 AM

In!

I'm also going to try and get out tomorrow (tues) evening after work (High of 78!) around 6:30 if anyone is interested.

Pam

POSTED: 3/12/12 11:08 AM

I'm definitely getting a ride in tomorrow afternoon, too! I have the flexibility to make it a day where I arrive early and leave early, so I'm aiming for a bit earlier.

Also, I'm supposedly in taper mode for the Rock 'N Roll half, so probably no 22mph unless there is a killer tail wind.

Cheers,
Abby

afava's ravatar afava    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 3/12/12 12:41 PM

Adding myself to the TMP chain. This is a great addition to our Club training week. Looking forward to Thursday mornings at Hains Point!

coachlane    JOINED: 10/1/11    POSTS: 36
POSTED: 3/12/12 12:43 PM

I'll definitely be in on Thursday mornings for one of the two rides. I'll see where I fit after Patrick's group starts to get up to full speed. Thursday afternoon this week is supposed to be beautiful, as well!

kbug's ravatar kbug    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 29
POSTED: 3/12/12 1:07 PM

Count me in!

seewhatucando's ravatar seewhatucando    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 116
POSTED: 3/12/12 2:10 PM

Adding myself to this thread....looking forward to some Spring riding! Lynn

rumpuscat's ravatar rumpuscat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 3/12/12 2:26 PM

I had to look up poursuivant--I'm really glad it turned out to be a work-safe word.

I'm adding myself to this thread as well, but will I be laughed out of the TMP if I show up on my commuter hybrid? I don't have a safe place to lock up my good road bike at work.

POSTED: 3/12/12 3:00 PM

Hi there! No bike will be laughed at; however, unless you are a really super strong rider, my guess is you won't be able to keep up. I hope that didn't sound rude. I will be in my tri bike, and I will be going a pace that is pretty quick.

I should mention: this is not a "no drop" ride. It's Hains Point! If you get dropped, it is up to you whether you chase, ride backwards, or do your own thing. Again: this is not an intent to be rude, just a need to do my own solid workout.

Thanks!
Abby

FGennari    JOINED: 11/16/11    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 3/12/12 3:14 PM

Hi all,

I'm willing to go at a more moderate pace with anyone who is worried about keeping up with Abby!

Let me know!

rumpuscat's ravatar rumpuscat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 3/12/12 3:35 PM

Abby--no worries! I am not a super strong rider and am sure that even on a road bike I'd be being lapped. :) I am content to do my own thing but I'm interested in the workouts you mentioned posting. Thanks for starting the thread/workout!

JayC101's ravatar JayC101    JOINED: 2/27/11    POSTS: 105
POSTED: 3/12/12 5:03 PM

Adding myself to the thread. Might be interested in joining the morning rides. I can put the bike on the back of the car and drive my wife to work that day and then ride over to HP. After Sat's Du I feel I need to work more on my flats and headwinds. Finding a good flat place to ride out here in MD is a bit challenging.

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 265
POSTED: 3/13/12 9:37 AM

Just got cleared to bike again - IN for Thurs. After 2 weeks off, not sure I can keep up but will give it a shot.

rdolan's ravatar rdolan    JOINED: 8/8/11    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 3/13/12 9:52 AM

Looking forward to these, thanks for organizing abby!

POSTED: 3/13/12 11:12 AM

Karen (et al!), no planned ride for this coming Thursday, though I could be convinced to spin around. Abby is running a half marathon on Saturday!!

Sharonkoby    JOINED: 6/27/11    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 3/13/12 12:59 PM

This is great! I am in!

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 265
POSTED: 3/13/12 1:14 PM

Oh, but there IS a planned ride for this Thursday. At least for Karen there is. {My bad, I didn't know we were talking about ourselves in the 3rd person (hahaha!)}

chad0022's ravatar chad0022    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 332
POSTED: 3/13/12 1:44 PM

poursuivant
French
Verb
1. Present participle of poursuivre.

From Latin prosequor.
Verb
poursuivre
to pursue, to chase
to pursue, to persecute, to torment
to carry on, to continue what has been started
to sue
(reflexive) to continue
(reflexive) to chase after each other

I had to look it up as well :::'D::

And if anyone is worried about speed, no need to be. There are always people around and I like to play the "how long until I get lapped by Patrick" game. The longer it takes, the better I am getting. WIN WIN for everyone.

I will be excited to start seeing more people out in the mornings!
Amanda

POSTED: 3/13/12 2:03 PM

Amanda--

Nice! I took it from here, actually:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_bicycling

"Poursuivant
From French, literally "pursuing" - refers to a cyclist or group of cyclists who are separated from and behind the leader(s) (tĂȘte de la course) but in front of the main group (peloton). This usually occurs when a small number of riders attempt to catch up to the leaders, either to join with them or to "bring them back to the pack" by encouraging the main group to chase them down."

Yep, that's me. Not in the very front, but chasing them down.

:)

--Abby

LauraP    JOINED: 1/22/12    POSTS: 7
POSTED: 3/13/12 11:59 PM

I had my first Hains Point experience on Sunday and it was blissful. Can't wait to ride more out there! Thanks for organizing!

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria