Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Xterra wetsuit on daily deal site
CREATED: 04/12/11 by nataliepitch REPLIES: 7
nataliepitch    JOINED: 1/27/11    POSTS: 5
Xterra wetsuit on daily deal site
POSTED: 4/12/11 1:01 PM

http://schwaggle.active.com/deal/1245/45-percent-off-xterra-vectorpro-wetsuits-plus-free-shipping

$330 for a $600 suit. Just in case anyone's in the market!

gabroe's ravatar gabroe    JOINED: 8/27/10    POSTS: 67
RE: Xterra wetsuit on daily deal site
POSTED: 4/12/11 4:22 PM

I'm actually looking for one but the deal we have in the club is better

http://www.dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=partners.welcome#Xterra_Wetsuits

4Vector Pro X3 Fullsuit: $275 (reg. $600)

there are more models actually, I checked on the XTerra site and the C-DCTRI coupon is working all right.

gschleif    JOINED: 1/20/12    POSTS: 3
RE: Wetsuit quick question
POSTED: 3/15/12 12:34 PM

Hey all,

So I'm about to buy a wetsuit from Xterra. I was wondering if I could get some advice about whether to get a sleevless or not. I'm doing rumpas, columbia, (not dc anymore), luray, and nation's. So how cold is too cold for sleeveless and how warm is too warm for sleeves? I just need some guidance.

Thanks,

Greg

afava's ravatar afava    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 3/15/12 1:37 PM

Adding to Greg's questions, what do we think about wetsuits for San Diego? Can we get away with sleeveless? Thanks.

Gato's ravatar Gato    JOINED: 4/25/11    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 3/15/12 1:40 PM

Greg,

I'm not a pro and it has a lot to do with opinion. I have have been at many races and heard people say they wish they had a full, but I have never heard anyone who had a full complain and wish they had a sleevless. If you are worried about feeling constricted that is one thing, but just temperature, I would go with full. If it is too warm to wear a full, I go with nothing at all (I do keep at least a bathing suit on). Good luck.

Jason

rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 360
POSTED: 3/15/12 3:02 PM

RE: San Diego
I saw the course a few weeks ago, and there was someone in the water swimming with a sleeveless wetsuit. When I put my feet in the water - it didn't seem very cold. So I can only imagine that it's going to get warmer in May.

afava's ravatar afava    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 3/16/12 5:50 AM

Thanks Catharine!

pmart15's ravatar pmart15    JOINED: 12/14/09    POSTS: 125
POSTED: 3/16/12 8:04 AM

I think in this area you can get away with either. It's usually warm enough to wear a sleeveless to all the races you mentioned. I do it. Although when it's chilly I wish I owned both :).

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria