Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bric for NTP beginners?
CREATED: 04/29/10 by KBRESLIN REPLIES: 4
KBRESLIN    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 62
Brick for NTP beginners?
POSTED: 4/29/10 3:17 PM

Hi there! To be honest I'm intimidated by the bricks I see posted but I need to give it a try. Anyone interested in organizing a brick that is for NTP beginners so I don't fear being left in the dust?

I see there are regularly scheduled brick's on sundays at hains point - are those every week & still going on?
thanks!

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 898
RE: Bric for NTP beginners?
POSTED: 4/29/10 3:27 PM

Hey Kim,

We TRY not to make the brick workouts (or any of the workouts) too intimidating for any of the people in NTP no matter their skill level or speed. But that's easier said than done when you get out there and see how fast some people bike and run.

This Sunday's Brick-Nic would be a great way to get started in bricks. There will be an NTP Co-Leader riding the course with y'all and there will even be a Co-Leader riding at the very back with the very last biker to encourage them on. We will make sure that everyone has a good time and feels included in the group and not left in the dust. At least that is our intention. :)

Bryan
2010 NTP Co-Leader

KBRESLIN    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 62
POSTED: 4/29/10 3:31 PM

Is it too late to sign up? Do you have room for 2? NTPers

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 898
POSTED: 4/29/10 4:15 PM

You will have to ask Simon about that.

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 611
POSTED: 4/29/10 4:38 PM

I apologize from the leadership of the club that the NTP newsletters and posts are not quite as coordinated with the social events as they could be. We've all been focusing on getting the activities done for you all (in addition to our jobs!). That said, we posted the end of the sign-ups as 20 April. The reason for this is for our volunteer shoppers to have a head count to shop for. That said, people have been signing-up to the evite consistently beyond that date, including veterans and yeah some of us board members too. Everyone is busy with life. We also understand that you had an NTP newsletter go out this week (past the deadline) emphasizing the brick-nic and sign-up. With that in mind I'd say just sign-up and come to the brick-nic.
BUT - everyone keep one thing in mind. If we run out of food, please be understanding. We are trying our best. Thanks.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria