Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Brick-Nic - Read This
CREATED: 04/29/10 by nomisdc REPLIES: 5
nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 610
Brick-Nic - Read This
POSTED: 4/29/10 4:40 PM

Folks - been getting lots of inquiries about whether it's too late to sign up and come to the brick-nic. We posted the end of the sign-ups as 20 April. The reason for this is for our volunteer shoppers to have a head count to shop for. That said, people have been signing-up to the evite consistently beyond that date, including veterans and yeah some of us board members too. Everyone is busy with life. We also understand that there have been club communications emphasizing the brick-nic and sign-up beyond that date. With all that that in mind I'd say just sign-up (or don't) and come to the brick-nic.
BUT - everyone keep one thing in mind. If we run out of food, please be understanding. We are trying our best. Thanks.

RE: Brick-Nic - Read This
POSTED: 4/29/10 4:46 PM

One other thing about the Brick-nic - it's going to be CROWDED. And if you think, yeah it's because we are a huge club, think again. Yes we are a huge club. AND another huge club will be there at the same time, the next pavilion over (we are pavilion D, they are pavilion C). It's th Mid-Maryland Club, combined with a Columbia Tri Irongirl course ride. Check out their announcement here: http://www.midmdtriclub.org/ "Annual Columbia Tri Brick-N-Pic on May 2nd". Sound familiar? It's exactly like our event, even the times are almost the same.
Please be Extra Careful out there.
FYI We crush those guys every year for the Mid-Atlantic Club Championship :P

KBRESLIN    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 62
POSTED: 4/29/10 5:01 PM

I have no problem bringing additional food. Since I'm one of the late sign ups and added a +1 (and completely understand if I can't participate) I don't have an assigned food so I'm willing to bring more of the Club food to offset the #'s - i.e. burger meat, etc. My ride, also an NTPer, will bring whatever is needed as well. This should be fun for y'all organizers as much as it is for us minions :)

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 897
POSTED: 4/29/10 10:31 PM

Our one saving grace is that the MMTC is doing a run first before the bike ride. So we can beat them out on the bike course. :)

Simon, my apologies about the mixup. The NTP newsletter was more of an informative about the BrickNic for the registrants. We did enforce the cutoff date, but there are always late registrants since Evite doesn't allow closing of the registration (thought maybe it does.... I've never used Evite).

We will be safe out there. Well, we had better be. :) We're going to talk with our NTP riders before we send them out on the course, so we'll definitely reinforce the rules of the road and safe biking procedures. While we do have a 10% acceptable loss rate, we'd prefer to keep that leeway up until race day. Just kidding NTPers!!!!!! :)

Bryan
2010 NTP Co-Leader

POSTED: 4/30/10 12:06 AM

It's really more my fault for lack o management - should have communicated better to our board, communications staff and NTP leaders. The busy season (still working! ugh). Then there is a question (and a good question) about whether deadlines and RSVP's are really needed for brick-nics, and believe me we have been and are talking about that a lot. These are things that make an impact for a large club, and y'all know that folks like Bryan care, spend time, and work hard doing things like newsletters and head count and stuff. We agonize over these types of things...and tri bikes. But mea culpa's (sp?) aside, we're gonna have a blast!

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1653
POSTED: 5/02/10 5:55 PM

Sweet job for pulling off a great event, Simon et al and those tireless overheating grillers.

And to Carrie Campbell for organizing the piles of food, and putting an accent on 'Nic in this year's BricNic.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria