Sandy Point-Open Water Swim-Sat. 5/1
CREATED: 04/29/10 by lisalisadc REPLIES: 2
lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
Sandy Point-Open Water Swim-Sat. 5/1
POSTED: 4/29/10 5:31 PM

Mayday Sandy Point Open Water Swim
5/1
1:00 p.m.

Are you sad that you got shut out from the Bric-Nic? Are you looking to preview the 2010 PeasantMan course? Do you like Pina Coladas?

A few people are heading to Sandy Point for an open water swim on Saturday. A bike and/or run may also happen. Can carpool from the Hill.
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/Southern/sandypoint.asp

If you're interested, post HERE or e-mail me. kildaylisa at yahoo dot com

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1287
RE: Sandy Point-Open Water Swim-Sat. 5/1
POSTED: 4/29/10 8:33 PM

Wow ... A chance to drink fresh pure Chesapeake Bay water and a chance to give the PeasantMan Triathlon a shameless plug? I'm in.

By the way, if you are a NTPer, I would recommend that you get as much open water swimming experience as you can ... even if it's just swimming in the shallow end for a few meters. It's a different beast out there in the open waters than it is in the pool. Speaking from personal experience, this is especially true if you are a poor swimmer. Don't make the mistake of thinking that your comfort in the pool will translate to your comfort in the Potomac come June 20th.

If you are intimidated in thinking that only the good swimmers will show up this Saturday, let it be known that I sink more than a rock and I'm coming :)

Tuan

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1045
RE: Sandy Point-Open Water Swim-Sat. 5/1
POSTED: 4/29/10 10:30 PM

Lisa and Tuan, thanks for coordinating this. I am taking a half day at work on Friday and am heading out to Sandy Point for what I hope to be an hour long swim. Not sure what the water temps are but I am sure it's comparable to CDA. Have fun and be safe to anyone swimming in open water this weekend.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria