Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

March 13th Duathlon Participants - Please Read!
CREATED: 03/10/10 by ncrcoach REPLIES: 4
ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1045
March 13th Duathlon Participants - Please Read!
POSTED: 3/10/10 11:58 PM

Thank you for signing up for the club duathlon on March 13th. The duathlon distances are 3 mile run/18.6 mile bike/3 mile run. The race starts and ends at the south parking lot on Hains Point (near the old Awakening site). Check-in and set up begin at 7:30 a.m. Pre-race talk is at 7:50 a.m. Race begins at 8 a.m.

Also, the weather is calling for 70% chance of precipitation. This event will go on as planned, unless the weather is very severe. Take extra precautions if the roads are wet. See you Saturday.

-Hugh, RD

RE: March 13th Duathlon Participants - Please Read!
POSTED: 3/11/10 12:47 PM

I forgot to add that this event is for all levels of participants so don't be discouraged to skip it. There is really no set cut-off time as we will keep the clock going until all competitors are finished.

-Hugh

POSTED: 3/12/10 3:02 PM

I was just checking weather.com for tomorrow and there is 100 percent chance of rain with temperatures in the mid-50s. Please prepare yourself for this. by bringing a cover for your bike, etc. I WILL BE THERE TOMORROW FOR THIS EVENT.....even if only five show up. My very first duathlon (it was called a biathlon back in 1989) was in the rain. Everyone just needs to be cautious on the bike.

Thanks and see you tomrorow.
-Hugh

POSTED: 3/13/10 9:46 AM

Okay, we tried to have this race, but Hains Point is flooded. Thanks for everyone who showed up, especially the volunteers who could have just slept in. We will reschedule this event in two weeks on Sunday, March 28th.

-Hugh

aoliveira's ravatar aoliveira    JOINED: 5/12/09    POSTS: 22
POSTED: 3/13/10 1:21 PM

Hey Hugh,

Just to say thanks very much for giving it a try. Look forward to giving my best on the 28th.

Thank you,

Alex.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria