DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Training Partner In Bethesda
CREATED: 01/17/14 by Andre REPLIES: 3
Andre's ravatar Andre    JOINED: 4/8/11    POSTS: 50
Training Partner In Bethesda
POSTED: 1/17/14 12:07 PM

Howdy Folks,

I recently moved from Capitol Hill to Bethesda and I'm looking for training partners who are a little closer to home.

My A race this year is Ironman Boulder. Ideally, I'd like someone who has some experience and is planning to do an Ironman in the summer of 2014.

I BSed my way through an ironman last year (13 hours) but I'm hoping to take things a little more seriously this time around and see if I can't improve my time.

I work from home so I have some flexibility to workout outside a regular 9-5 schedule.

Message me if you're interested.

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
RE: Training Partner In Bethesda
POSTED: 1/17/14 3:44 PM

Welcome to MoCo--
Jay and Elaine have (in the past) spearheaded workouts up here. Both have done/are doing long course. Hopefully one of them will chime in. Can you give us an idea of what you're thinking (e.g. long ride Sat)? -J

Andre's ravatar Andre    JOINED: 4/8/11    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 1/18/14 9:32 PM

Thanks Karlaj.

I don't necessarily need someone who is training for a longer distance event - but it does help to have workouts geared in the same direction.

I think what I'm most interested in is finding a group of people who are training regularly during the week. I'm game for early morning workouts or the evenings - and like I said, I do have some availability here and there during regular business hours.

Where do people swim around Bethesda anyway? I've got a membership to the WSC which has a pool. Its nice to mix the pool into a workout but the pool is pretty small.

Any and all advice on training in the Bethesda/MoCo is much appreciated.

Thanks!

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 1/20/14 12:01 AM

Swimming is pretty varied. I do Ancient Mariners at the KSAC (formerly known as the MAC) b/c it fits my schedule (8:30-10p). If teh WSC works for you, then go for it. The YMCA on Old G'town also gets used by a few.

Also, we have a group at:
http://dctrimoco.ning.com/
It's pretty quiet in the offseason, but should get going soon.

-Jason

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria