DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

new member looking for a mentor
CREATED: 08/24/09 by jahumph REPLIES: 2
jahumph    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1
new member looking for a mentor
POSTED: 8/24/09 7:19 AM

Hi all,
I just completed my first triathlon yesterday-the Iron Girl. I trained for the event by myself and discovered that wasn't the best way to go. I'm looking for someone who would be willing to be a mentor. I need major help with transitions and my cycling skills.
I'm new to this sport in general and despite not being as prepared as I wanted, I'm hooked!

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1334
RE: new member looking for a mentor
POSTED: 8/24/09 8:23 AM

You should come to the bricknic this Sunday. The URL and info are below. There will be a bunch of NTP mentors and mentees at the event. You can talk to some of this year's NTP folks for some mentor recommendations as well as talk to some of the NTP mentors to see which ones will best match your background, location, and personality. Just ask around and they will point you in the right direction.

URL:
http://www.dctriclub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Learn.buzz&id=362

Tuan

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
RE: new member looking for a mentor
POSTED: 8/24/09 8:41 AM

Try contacting these people as they might be able to find you or know of a mentor much faster and more efficiently than just asking around blindly.

1. goto the top of the page here for "club info", click on that.

2. then goto board of directors, click on that.

3. you will notice that one person there Travis Siedel and a link for his email, he is a person that coordinates NTP or the New triathlon program which matches up mentors and new triathletes. Since he is the leader of that I think he is probably the best person to ask for a mentor and can match you up with the correct person. Shoot him an email i'm sure he can help you.

4. Another person to email/contact is Angela Dilks also on that board of directors page, she is a the volunteer coordinator. how does this relate to mentors? well she is the one that asks the mentors to sign up so she is another very good person that can match you up with the correct mentor.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria