Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

OWS Sunday 8/8 at Sandy Point
CREATED: 08/07/10 by emle REPLIES: 6
emle's ravatar emle    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
OWS Sunday 8/8 at Sandy Point
POSTED: 8/07/10 10:35 AM

I'm looking for someone (or more than 1) to join me for an OWS tomorrow (Sunday) at Sandy Point. I plan on doing a 30mi bike ride in DC in the AM, so I'm not looking to get to Sandy Point at some ungodly hour. More like 10(?) or so. Depends on how the ride goes. I have a 60min swim to do and that's it. You don't have to do the same workout as me, I just want to have someone else in the water with me for safety reasons. If you want to sit on the beach and read that's fine with me too.
Shoot me an email if interested. We can carpool if necessary.

eajacobs 15 at yahoo dot com

thanks
Emily

jomwilli's ravatar jomwilli    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 21
RE: OWS Sunday 8/8 at Sandy Point
POSTED: 8/09/10 2:55 PM

I'm looking to do an open water swim this coming weekend 8/14 or 8/15, either Saturday or Sunday. 3:30 on Sat bike or 1:30 bike on Sunday afterwards.

Hour swim open water is what I'm needing...then ride after. I have a rack that can hold your bike.
Anyone up for any option or combo, I'm flexible.

Joshua

Tobes's ravatar Tobes    JOINED: 7/20/10    POSTS: 34
POSTED: 8/09/10 3:56 PM

I'm interested but heard that the nettles are bad right now. Emily, did you make it out this past weekend?

lcbrown's ravatar lcbrown    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 31
POSTED: 8/09/10 4:01 PM

I'd be interested too (well, not the bike part, but the swim.) Early Saturday morning would be best for me, but I could do Sunday too.

emle's ravatar emle    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 8/09/10 4:09 PM

I didn't make it out to S.P. this weekend since I didn't hear back from anyone and didn't want to swim solo. Heard the same thing about the nettles being bad right now.

No need for an OWS for me this weekend, but I probably will Labor Day weekend at some point as my last long swim.

Em

jomwilli's ravatar jomwilli    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 8/11/10 12:41 PM

Laurel you up for Sandy Point on Sunday now that you're peg leg free?

Josh Williamson at gmail

xena's ravatar xena    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 8/11/10 3:14 PM

They were pretty bad at Peasantman. Not a question of if you were going to get stung but how many times.

You could try Gunpwder Falls park in Baltimore or Lake Anna.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria