DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Nutritionist?
CREATED: 06/01/11 by piyushdabomb REPLIES: 7
piyushdabomb    JOINED: 5/10/10    POSTS: 84
Nutritionist?
POSTED: 6/01/11 7:31 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble trying to get the right balance with my nutrition. I'm losing weight (with the extra training I'm doing) faster than I can maintain it and I think it's affecting my performance.

Does anyone know of a great nutritionist in the DC area who can help me successfully create a plan for my IM training?

Let me know.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1742
RE: Nutritionist?
POSTED: 6/01/11 11:00 PM

Piyushdabomb:

Rebecca Mohning, who's given several lectures on the subject to the club, is expert and articulate:

http://dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=F6880601-0499-142A-4BCF6AD78B9EB7B2&page=1

POSTED: 6/01/11 11:01 PM

I can't copy/paste the link.

Email it to me?

urbanlumberjack's ravatar urbanlumberjack    JOINED: 3/25/09    POSTS: 143
POSTED: 6/02/11 10:08 AM

Piyush I think this means you aren't consuming enough beer during happy hours...

POSTED: 6/02/11 11:52 AM

I think I need to stop showing off my obsessive dance moves on Saturday nights. That might do it.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 6/02/11 12:02 PM

When you figure out the problem, please let me know what the cause was so I can take advantage. The large amounts of chocolate I consume seem to be negatively offsetting my training.

POSTED: 7/18/11 12:01 PM

Hi morunner66,

I took Ed's advice and contacted Rebecca. It's going great so far.

After meeting the nutritionist, all I can say is "AWESOME" to her hard work in not only giving me advice on the gaps in my diet, but also recreating a meal plan that will help me achieve my goals.

I've been following it closely and I must say that it's working for me. Here's what I got from her:

> All sorts of "Nutrition Rules". Fist full versus handful servings
> Exactly how much to eat daily and on the weekends based on my current training plan. She had access to my training plan online

> I'm now on a 6-7 meal diet depending on which day it is. She gave me a 7 meal plan with at least 4 different meal options per meal. Each meal she recommended is ridiculously easy to make and purchase.

The things I was looking for were:
> I want someone to quantify my meals for me
> I want someone to tell me what to eat during my swim, bike, and run transitions
> I wanted fast meals
> I wanted results

Seriously, this is working for me and I'm a VERY picky person when it comes to finding the right person for the job.

Pricing, it costed me about 100 for the first hour and 50 for every other half hour.

Her name is Rebecca Mohning (she's a dietician who also specializes in Triathletes). Google her or call her at 571-437-5249.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1742
POSTED: 7/18/11 12:06 PM

Piyush: Did Rebecca also recommend against staying up all night partying before brutal early morning spin sessions? :)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria