Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

trainerroad.com
CREATED: 10/28/11 by karlaj REPLIES: 1
karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
trainerroad.com
POSTED: 10/28/11 10:55 PM

Ran across trainerroad.com tonight. Basically, use your bike trainer, an ANT+ cadence/speed sensor (e.g. garmin $30), an ANT+ USB stick ($30), and some software and voila! You have a powermeter for your bike. It really is stoopid ez to setup.

DC Rainmaker profiled it on his blog (which btw is a cornucopia of awesomeness) a little while ago, but somehow this seems to have flown under the radar.

There's talk it might be $10/mo for the service once it comes off beta, which is a small downer. But you could pay that for 10-20 years vs. a powertap or quarq at that rate.

So else anybody tried this setup and got +/- feedback?

Jason

gabroe's ravatar gabroe    JOINED: 8/27/10    POSTS: 68
RE: trainerroad.com
POSTED: 10/29/11 5:18 AM

I've been using it for a couple of weeks now, its really nice, I have powertap though, but I used the virtual power instead once just to see what was the difference and it gave me a consistent 30 watts more by using virtual watts (speed + trainer info), the important aspect in this case, IMO, is that the power should remain consistent no matter how you are measuring it, virtual or with power meter. I had the ant+ stick so for me it was virtually free, the software works as expected and it has some cool workouts and plans, it is definitely worth it, specially for the upcoming trainer months.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria