Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

DCTri Club USAT National Club Challenge - Update 10 (Back in New Zealand Edition)
CREATED: 01/09/13 by ballstoncyclist REPLIES: 1
ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 490
DCTri Club USAT National Club Challenge - Update 10 (Back in New Zealand Edition)
POSTED: 1/09/13 4:19 PM

I survived the record-breaking temperature of 108oF in Sydney by going to the movies. Went to see Les Mis and man, I wish I had gone on a run in that weather instead (only Luke is allowed to comment). I’m back in New Zealand, in Queenstown now, being hit by a massive southerly low that is bringing cold, windy rain. Bike is put back together but not a whole lot of miles from me today.

Swim Month Unofficial “Official” Results
I haven’t heard anything from USAT but I contacted the Race Tracker folks and they already sent the results to USAT and we indeed won and were the first team to hit the benchmark (was there any doubt?...really?). So we are unofficially the official winners. The final swim results are now posted on the file (first Tab). This file will be used by the Board to raffle the two garmins during the next board meeting. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgcT1aGyVCiPdFJFS0lENXlUT1RBMUdITlc4UmFtdFE

Bike benchmark Achieved!!
At some point in the last 12 hours we achieved the 7,500-mile bike benchmark. We are the first Club to get there, but some clubs may be delayed in entering their miles so no opening the Bubbly yet.

Next Goal: win bike month
The next goal is to win the month. We are doing great and keeping slightly in front of San Diego and the Cyclonauts. But we need to keep it up, they are not that far behind. Remember:
• Commuting miles count. A few miles here and there could make a huge difference.
• Spin miles count. If an athlete does not have a computer tracking their mileage during a spinning class or stationary bike, USAT will grant that person 15 miles for each hour on a spin/stationary bike.

As I said last time, the award for winning bike month is a Computrainer. The final scheme to raffle the prize is:
• Top 75: one entry
• Beat the Board: one entry
• Top cyclist overall: 10 entries
• Next 9 (positions 2-10): 5 entries
• Next 10 (position 11-20): 3 entries
• Next 10 (positions 21-30): 1 entry
• Top male and female cyclist (outside of top cyclist): 3 entries

I really wanted to add age group points but the data doesn’t allow me to that for Bike month. But I will do it for the overall prize.

Cycling Challenge for Week 3 (Jan 20-26): Beat Elliott’s bike miles
As you know Elliott is putting some crazy miles and has a fun challenge for us. The challenge is simple: he will cook dinner for anyone who beats his total bike mileage for the week, plus a guest of their choice. (Katie has offered to help as well). If more than three people beat him (as if...), he'll cook for the top three. And I’ve been lucky enough to have been invited for brunch at their place, and those two can cook!

Use the all too familiar file (second tab) to keep track of the bike progress. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgcT1aGyVCiPdFJFS0lENXlUT1RBMUdITlc4UmFtdFE

Save the Date: Sunday, February 3, Morning
To kick-off run month we will have a special run event in Rock Creek Park. Save the date. More details soon.

Alejandro (rainy weather in Queenstown so falling behind)

bwinterroth's ravatar bwinterroth    JOINED: 5/12/11    POSTS: 66
Ellitot's CC
POSTED: 1/09/13 7:22 PM

I'm not registered for the Club Challenge, but I definitely want to be part of Elliott's friendly wager. How do I go about getting in on this?

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria