Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Pool Hours at Hains Point
CREATED: 08/24/09 by janealonso REPLIES: 43
kkaufer's ravatar kkaufer    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 125
RE: New Pool Hours at Hains Point
POSTED: 4/20/10 2:56 PM

This is what I received from the Mayor's office in response to my plea for more HP time:

Dear Ms. K:

Thank you for your request to have the East Potomac Hains Point pool open earlier than it's scheduled Memorial Day opening. I have been in contact with officials at the DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR). Unfortunately, the pool will not open prior to Memorial Day this season as a result of extensive renovations to the facility that DPR has undertaken. Although this pool previously received new state of the art water heaters, the current renovations that are underway present other safety concerns.

While I understand that is information may come as an inconvenience to you, DPR is committed to serving District residents and customers in the safest way possible. The East Potomac pool will be open for the Memorial Day weekend, and will remain open after the Labor Day holiday. Thank you for your patience in this matter as DPR continues to provide optimum safety practices and customer service. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this facility or others, you may contact DPR directly at 202-673-7647. Please continue to look forward to a fun-filled pool season with top quality facilities.

Sincerely,

Adrian M. Fenty, Mayor

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 4/20/10 2:57 PM

I just received this email from our Mayor stating that Hains Point pool will not open prior to Memorial Day:
Thank you for your request to have the East Potomac Hains Point pool open earlier than it's scheduled Memorial Day opening. I have been in contact with officials at the DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR). Unfortunately, the pool will not open prior to Memorial Day this season as a result of extensive renovations to the facility that DPR has undertaken. Although this pool previously received new state of the art water heaters, the current renovations that are underway present other safety concerns.

While I understand that is information may come as an inconvenience to you, DPR is committed to serving District residents and customers in the safest way possible. The East Potomac pool will be open for the Memorial Day weekend, and will remain open after the Labor Day holiday. Thank you for your patience in this matter as DPR continues to provide optimum safety practices and customer service. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this facility or others, you may contact DPR directly at 202-673-7647. Please continue to look forward to a fun-filled pool season with top quality facilities.

Sincerely,

Adrian M. Fenty, Mayor

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
POSTED: 4/20/10 3:07 PM

yeah i got that one too. oh well :(

gwcrew2000's ravatar gwcrew2000    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 4/20/10 3:11 PM

I got the same response. Interesting because my company was one of the finalist to manage the renovation of the DC pools which was supposed to take only a few months each. Not sure what they have been doing since the pool has been closed since late Oct. I guess they hired the wrong firm.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria