Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Training Tri Aug?
CREATED: 08/07/10 by kande9un REPLIES: 9
kande9un    JOINED: 7/27/09    POSTS: 10
Training Tri Aug?
POSTED: 8/07/10 6:18 PM

Just curious if there was going to be a training tri in august and if so what are possible dates?

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 983
RE: Training Tri Aug?
POSTED: 8/07/10 6:30 PM

Saturday August 28th will be the next training tri. Look for it to start around 7AM. Look for registration to open 1-2 weeks before the event.

Bryan

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1064
POSTED: 8/08/10 12:44 PM

Thanks, Bryan. He is right. Saturday, August 28th at 7am at the East Potomac Pool. Registration will open up either Aug. 18th or 19th, about ten days prior to the event. This event is two weeks before the Nation's Tri so it's a good tune up for it.

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 296
8/28 - Training Tri & (vs.?) Tea Party Rally
POSTED: 8/23/10 2:52 PM

Not that it's a partisan thing, but the Tea Party rally scheduled for Saturday morning is at the Lincoln Memorial, so getting to HP will be more difficult than usual for a Saturday morning, and the bike course will have lots of out-of-towners and tour busses clogging up Ohio Drive. Please be careful out there.

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 8/23/10 7:52 PM

Rally appears to go 10am-1pm, so getting to HP early is probably prudent. Hopefully we'll be able to leave while they're still on the lawn.

And don't forget your "don't tread on me" bike jersey for some extra cheers on the bike course. ;-)

-Jason

bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 185
POSTED: 8/23/10 8:41 PM

Ugh. It's so disappointing that they have commandeered 'Don't tread on me' from the Navy.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1064
POSTED: 8/23/10 10:21 PM

Okay, first we have the flooded out duathlon in mid-March. Then, the make up date was a disaster with Cherry Blossum season and all of the tourons. Next, we the tri-turned-du in June due to the snafu at the pool. And now this. At least I was able to talk to Glenn Beck and get him to move the rally to 10am.

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 296
8/28 training tri + beck/palin + another 5K
POSTED: 8/24/10 9:59 AM

As if things won't be crowded enough. Their 5K is supposed to start at 10:30, with the swim after.

http://dc.backonmyfeet.org/join-us-for-our-august-all-feet-on-deck-fun-run.html

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1331
POSTED: 8/24/10 10:15 AM

Cool. I like this game. This is my contribution. It is from one of the running clubs (not mine) in the area.

"DCFIT: East Potomac Park, DC (Near the golf course). We are starting at 7:00 "

This is like an IM swim. Throw everyone in the water and whomever survives gets a medal and a tattoo :) I may need to redo my running club's Saturday's route so that we can join in on the fun. 10,000 illegal Vietnamese immigrants doing 20 min/mile pace flooding Haines Point on Saturday morning ... BRING IT SAIGON STYLE!! ;)

Tuan

bsull184's ravatar bsull184    JOINED: 2/6/10    POSTS: 283
POSTED: 8/24/10 5:45 PM

I went by the Lincoln memorial on my way down to Hains this morning for the Tuesday ride. They were already setting up barricades and had multiple trucks with sound/stage equipment, so I guess the crowd there is going to be bigger than I expected.

Luckily, those other groups aren't as stupid as triathletes and sleep in to a decent hour on Saturdays.

-Brian

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria