Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Seeking Swim Coach for Lessons
CREATED: 12/28/13 by castors REPLIES: 7
castors    JOINED: 1/3/10    POSTS: 1
Seeking Swim Coach for Lessons
POSTED: 12/28/13 3:20 PM

Any recommendations for a swim coach in DC? My brother-in-law is a beginner and wants to start swimming regularly in 2014; however he needs to learn proper form and freestyle technique.

Thanks
Sioban

jbauer    JOINED: 1/1/11    POSTS: 76
RE: Seeking Swim Coach for Lessons
POSTED: 12/30/13 10:46 PM

I can recommend Jule Miata. She has improved my stroke and efficiency in the water. She's a certified coach and is one of the coaches in the club's masters program. I'll send you a PM with her email address. You can then see if your needs align with what Jule is able to provide and if your schedules match up.

crutchfn    JOINED: 12/25/13    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 1/04/14 12:07 AM

All,

I'm actually new to triathlon training as well and the swim happens to be the hardest part for me. Jbauer, is there anyway i may get that contact information about Jule Miata as well?

Thanks,

Natalie

Maynor's ravatar Maynor    JOINED: 10/18/13    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 1/04/14 8:53 AM

Hi jbauer I'm new as well in triathlon training and swimming is the hardest part for me as well.Jbauer is possible if you can send me jule's contact information as well.

Thanks
Maynor

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1334
POSTED: 1/04/14 11:04 AM

Just a thought, Justin ... since you are on the board an all ;)

How about DCTri put together a list of coaches and their contact info in the member's only section ... like in the race discount area, as an example. You can put the names of all the coaches who are active DCTri members AND do other stuff for the club beyond that. Jules is an example since she coaches the master swim. The other example I can think of is AJ. I'm sure there are few others out there.

This not only helps the current coaches, but would encourage other coaches to be more active in the club and the programs that we offer. Every time a question like this is asked, you would just refer them to the coach recommendation page. This question comes up all the time and will probably come up more as the NTP season comes online.

--Tuan

POSTED: 1/04/14 11:14 AM

Natalie & Maynor - I sent each of you a PM with Jule's email. Let me know if you didn't get it.

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 556
POSTED: 1/04/14 4:44 PM

Tuan and all,
Good suggestion on listing the coaches. The Masters swim coaches bio's are up on the website under (left side of page) PROGRAMS >> Masters Swim Program >> Program Leaders.

Some are private coaches and others aren't. The MSP (Masters Swim Program) weekly eNewsletter provides this each week:
Private Swim Lessons (ongoing): Did you know that several of our MSP coaches offer private swim coaching services? Just check out THIS link (a google doc) for the bios of available MSP coaches and their specialties. Feel free to reach out directly to any of the coaches and schedule a time to work out together!

Justin, lets double check but I think we'll be able to post the link.
- Adam

POSTED: 1/04/14 9:17 PM

I like the idea, Tuan! (I don't think rookie board members have the authority to deny requests from Vietnamese Royalty anyway.)

I'll try to get something up quickly for all of the coaches since many of us are getting the 2014 season underway.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria