DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Need Bike Advise (Help!!!)
CREATED: 03/11/10 by ajkelley REPLIES: 4
ajkelley's ravatar ajkelley    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 8
Need Bike Advise (Help!!!)
POSTED: 3/11/10 2:59 PM

To all,
My name is Aaron and I need to purchase a bike. I have done some sprint tris before w/ other ppls bikes. This year, I plan to do a couple of Olympic tris and want a bike of my own. Honestly, I do not know much about bikes. I know that a 58 - 60 frame fits me the best and do not want to spend more then $1500. Any help would be appreciated....
Thx,
-Aaron

pgfde121's ravatar pgfde121    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 226
RE: Need Bike Advise (Help!!!)
POSTED: 3/11/10 3:07 PM

Hi Aaron,

There are tons of people here with plenty of experience to help you get sorted out. Some questions:
1.) Location (so we can figure out who's closest and what shops)
2.) Are you willing to buy used or only new?
3.) Do you want a tri bike setup or standard road setup?
4.) What is your experience level?

If you could answer those we'll get started down the right path and be able to best assist...I'm over in Arlington/Ballston and would be more than happy to give you a hand...

Ron
firemanronb@hotmail.com

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 898
POSTED: 3/11/10 3:47 PM

Another option is to just go to bike store and ask. One of the first questions I was asked when I went into Contes was "What's your budget?" With the club member discount at that store, you have some room to play.

But any bike store should be willing to work with you in your budget range. If they're not, walk right on out.

ajkelley's ravatar ajkelley    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 3/12/10 3:19 PM

1.) Location (so we can figure out who's closest and what shops) By Cathloic University
2.) Are you willing to buy used or only new? either
3.) Do you want a tri bike setup or standard road setup? Road
4.) What is your experience level? novice

pgfde121's ravatar pgfde121    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 226
POSTED: 3/12/10 3:44 PM

Well not familiar with any shops over there, but not like its that far to get to DC/VA where there are more shops. I think the NTP (new triathlete program) may be having another bike clinic coming up...if so, that would be a great opportunity to check things out with some of us who have bike buying habits. If not, if you can get down to Conte's in Arlington we can check out some bikes when schedules match up...shoot me an email and we'll figure it out...firemanronb at hotmail dot com.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria