DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

GEAR: Sample kits and Next order
CREATED: 02/22/11 by kmwpro REPLIES: 46
kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 269
GEAR: Sample kits and Next order
POSTED: 2/22/11 5:02 PM

GEAR SAMPLE FIT KITS ARE IN
They will be dropped off at Conte's in Bethesda late Wednesday, Feb 24th in the evening. They will be there through the evening of next Wednesday, March 2. On Thursday, March 3, they will be transferred to the Conte's in Arlington - please be patient, because we aren't able to confirm exactly what time they will be there that day. They will remain in Arlington through the end of the day on Friday, March 11.

Once we open the box and see what is inside, we can post her to give an idea of what samples are offered, but generally we are expecting a variety of sizes of: Tri tops, Tri bottoms, Cycling jerseys, Cycling bottoms.

This is your only chance to try on gear samples for Champion Systems this year. If you think you may wish to order gear at some point during the season, please go and try it on during the next 2.5 weeks. Both Conte's locations are metro accessible and the gear is available over a weekend at both stores.

Major thank you to Merchant Partner Conte's for hosting our fit kits - please be courteous and don't leave a mess.

GEAR SHOP
The gear shop is OPEN and we'll be adding some graphics soon. We've adjusted the colors of the gear to be brighter, bluer and redder, per the suggestions of many members.

The gear shop will close on Sunday, March 13th at 5pm. No exeptions.

DISTRIBUTION INFORMATION
This gear order will be back in time for Columbia Triathlon. We'll email all those who order gear in this order with the distribution information as soon as we get the tracking information from Champion Systems.

IMPORTANT DATES:

2/24/11 to 3/2/11 - Gear samples available at Conte's-Bethesda location
3/3/11 to 3/11/11 - Gear samples available at Conte's-Arlington location
3/13/11 - Spring gear order closed at 5pm. (no exceptions)

AndyJB444's ravatar AndyJB444    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
RE: GEAR: Sample kits and Next order
POSTED: 2/22/11 8:59 PM

Sizing kit has been delivered to the Conte's - Bethesda store.

Here is what we have to try on:

XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL in the following -
Men Club Cut Short Sleeve Jersey
Men Race Cut Short Sleeve Jersey
Women Short Sleeve Jersey
Men Bib Shorts
Women Shorts
Tri Top Men (Medium NOT included)
Tri Top Women
Tri Shorts Men
Tri Shorts Women

We also have the following in various sizes:
3 Long Sleeve Jerseys
4 Short Sleeve Jerseys
1 Evolution Tri Suit
1 ITU Suit
1 Elite Racer Back Suit
1 Swimsuit
3 Classic Tri Suits

Club cut jerseys have a BLACK label
Race cut jerseys have a WHITE label
Women jerseys have an ORANGE label

Have at it,
Andy

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 505
POSTED: 2/23/11 11:46 PM

Bump...get this thread to the top!

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 505
POSTED: 2/26/11 3:32 PM

Bump...keeping this at the top. We're only a few weeks away from our spring gear order deadline.

Lzlhe    JOINED: 7/6/10    POSTS: 25
POSTED: 2/26/11 7:15 PM

Any thoughts on getting DC Tri Club swim caps again?

POSTED: 2/27/11 5:31 PM

Ask and you shall receive!

Both latex and silicone DC Tri swim caps will be available for purchase within 2 weeks.

Andy

Lzlhe    JOINED: 7/6/10    POSTS: 25
POSTED: 2/27/11 6:00 PM

Fantastic - thanks!!

rmw0307's ravatar rmw0307    JOINED: 1/15/11    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 3/02/11 4:25 PM

I went to Conte's in Bethesda on Monday and tried on the Women's tri shorts and top. In the Gear Shop there are two different types of Tri shirts listed. The two options in the the shop are "Triathlon Bottoms" or "Distance Tri Short". Which one specifically was in the Sample Kit? I really liked how they fit and don't want to order the wrong ones. Thanks!

POSTED: 3/02/11 7:24 PM

Basically, they are the same in size and length - its just that the "Distance" short has pockets for stuff.

Andy

rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 364
POSTED: 3/03/11 8:37 AM

There were rumbling about a sports bra that was offered in the past ... is that still in the works or was that a figment of my imagination?

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 403
POSTED: 3/03/11 11:53 AM

How do you pick which cut (Race vs Club) when you order? Not listed as an option...

POSTED: 3/03/11 12:21 PM

DC Tri Sports Bras and Swim Caps will be in the gear shop by weeks end.

DC Tri cycling jerseys are club cut by default, unless there is a special request.

POSTED: 3/03/11 12:41 PM

Gotcha. All Tri Tops (reg and distance) are all club cut by default unless specifically requested to be race cut?

Good to know. Is there a process for requesting the race cut? If so, can we have a previous order modified to do so? (Ordered with the first round)

POSTED: 3/03/11 12:51 PM

Race vs. Club cut applies to cycling jerseys only.

In tri tops you have a choice between "Regular" and "Distance", which is just a difference in fabric coverage.

POSTED: 3/03/11 1:00 PM

Andy, you are a wealth of knowledge. Thanks so much for the info!

POSTED: 3/03/11 1:01 PM

And for those wondering what any of this means, and WHY we generally just order club cut...

From Champ Sys:

Race Cut

We designed our race cut jersey based on a European fit. It's a tailored design worn by only the fittest cyclists who are lean and mean. Think pro riders, elite category 1 and 2 riders and those super-fit skinny guys who love to go up mountains fast. Just because you're a racer doesn't mean you should automatically order the race cut. We know lots of racers who order the club cut. Why? Because although they race almost every weekend, they still have an American build and the tight-fitting Euro race cut just won't do the job.

Club Cut

For everybody else we offer the club cut. Mind you, our club cut is not a baggy potato-sack jersey. It's still a classic cycling jersey that fits the majority of our customers—even the racers who are not as slim as they might think.

POSTED: 3/04/11 7:31 AM

Sizing kit is now available at Conte's - Arlington.

I got some good feedback that the tri tops in the kits don't come down as far as expected, and were able to confirm with Champ Sys that our tri tops will have 1-2 more inches of fabric.

Also, swim caps (silicone and latex) and sports bras are now available for purchase in the Gear Shop.

Andy

MallowCN83's ravatar MallowCN83    JOINED: 1/20/11    POSTS: 59
POSTED: 3/06/11 11:15 AM

I looked through the selection at Conte's in Arlington on Saturday. Since I this is my first triathlon, and wasn't 100% sure exactly the names of everything I'm just taking a guess here. One thing that caught my eye that I was interested in was women's (as per the tag), and had a top like a typical racerback swimsuit and a bottom like bike shorts, and it was all one piece. I'm really not sure what it was called so if someone could give some insight that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Candace

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 3/06/11 8:31 PM

I'm so glad Andy mentioned the extra 1-2"! I wasn't going to buy any because I had tried on all the tops when they were at Bethesda, and found them all so short!

Will the 1-2" be added to all the tops?

Candance- the one piece jersey that you spoke of are called "tri suits"

Elaine

MallowCN83's ravatar MallowCN83    JOINED: 1/20/11    POSTS: 59
POSTED: 3/06/11 8:40 PM

I wasn't sure if it was the tri suit mentioned in the gear shop as the description lists that it should have a zipper. This one did not have a zipper in the back, just a racerback like a swim suit. That's why I was asking if it was different since there are no pictures.

Anyone else have any input please?

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria