Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

GEAR: Sample kits and Next order
CREATED: 02/22/11 by kmwpro REPLIES: 46
AndyJB444's ravatar AndyJB444    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
RE: GEAR: Sample kits and Next order
POSTED: 3/06/11 8:48 PM

I believe you are describing the women's-specific Elite Racer Back Suit.

More info:
http://champ-sys.com/custom/triathlon/custom-elite-tri-suit-1.html

ferguson's ravatar ferguson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 177
POSTED: 3/07/11 10:23 AM

Andy has been great with coordinating this order!

Though much of this has been addressed in some form, I thought I'd offer up a bit of clarification on the Champion Systems sample kits given that we had them in our shop for a week and had a chance to interact with many DC Tri Club members...

There is a full size run of men's & women's tri kits (tops & bottoms). As we saw at Conte's BETHESDA, they will likely get mixed in together as people try them on. The challenge is figuring out which are for men and which are for women as they are identical in appearance. Some are clearly marked as the labels are imprinted on the fabric and specify sex & size. Unfortunately, many of them have an older style label with no indication of sex so you have to know what to look for: women's tops & bottoms have a white / orange label. Men's have a silver / black label.

Also, the big concern was that the tops weren't long enough. Champion Systems assured me that the tops would be 1-2 inches longer than the sample kits. Just make sure you get the general size right and you should be fine. They should fit as tight as possible without being uncomfortable.

Assuming most of you are looking at the tri-specific tops / bottoms (as a 2-piece 'tri kit'), there is only one style so don't get confused with different cuts or styles (we fielded a lot of questions about this).

There are also 'tri suits' (1-piece integrated top / bottom) as well as a wide selection of cycling apparel. Given that this gear will likely all get mixed in together, be aware that the tri-specific tops have less fabric in the shoulders than the sleeveless cycling jerseys. Also, the tri-specific shorts have a very small pad (chamois) in the crotch whereas the cycling shorts have a much larger one.

I think that sums up most of the questions we had while we had the kits at Conte's BETHESDA. If you have any questions or need clarification on any of this, please shoot me an email and I'll get back to you.

-Matt

erdonoh2's ravatar erdonoh2    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 3/08/11 9:29 PM

Quick question to anyone who might know. Tried on a one piece tri suit tonight at conte's. It was the mens small - short zipper on the back with a long pull string. But it didn't see it available to order on the shop page. Anyone know how I can order it?!

Thanks so much,
Erin

POSTED: 3/09/11 10:18 AM

Matt, good stuff there - thanks!

Erin and others,

If there is an Champion System item that you are interested in buying and it is NOT currently listed in the Gear Shop, please email gear@dctriclub.org with the gear type, gender, and size and we will do our best to accomodate.

I believe you are speaking about the Men's Evolution Elite Tri Suit, it also comes in Women's. It will be $175 (as opposed to the normal tri suit, which is $90 or so).

Here is what Champ Sys says about the suit:
"Note: As the name implies this suit is designed for elite athletes and not weekend warriors. This suit is very form fitting and often requires a helping hand to get in and out. The suit features a rear zipper and no pad. It is designed for shorter distance triathlons and duathlons — not Ironman competitions. "

Thanks,
Andy

POSTED: 3/11/11 3:59 PM

Just a reminder that today is the last "official" day to try on the CS gear at Conte's - Arlington, but I likely won't be picking it up until Saturday around Noon...sooo, the procrastinators have a few more hours to do their thing.

Also, the Gear Shop will be closing at the scheduled time (sometime Sunday I believe?), so get those orders in! Email gear@dctriclub.org for individual gear queries/issues.

Thanks,
Andy

DPain's ravatar DPain    JOINED: 1/15/11    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 3/11/11 11:12 PM

I had to go on Champion Systems' website and look up measurements for their sizes. When I went to try on tri tops, there was nothing above a large for men's tri tops. They had bigger cycling jerseys, but that's it.
I assume they don't run the same though. Any thoughts?

clcohen's ravatar clcohen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 3/12/11 12:25 PM

The tops in the sample kits seemed fine to me. It's the old tri tops that were wayyyy too short (I'm short, and it fit like a crop top).

Is it normal to wear different sizes on tri shorts and bike shorts? The small tri shorts fit great, but the small cycling shorts felt like a XS. There were no mediums to try on.

Do you know if the sample tops in the shop were the distance or regular tri tops? on the champion systems website, it looks like the regular ones are 1.5 inches shorter.

Finally, will the material for the cycling jerseys resemble the material in the sample kits, or should we assume that the jerseys only reflect the proper size?

Thanks,
Carol

POSTED: 3/12/11 3:38 PM

I believe the regular tri tops were in the kit, and we have been assured that when we get our custom ones they will have 1-1.5 inches more length than the sizing kit.

Yes, the CS bike shorts tend to run small compared to the tri shorts.

Yes, similar material to the cycling jerseys in the sizing kit.

Andy

bsull184's ravatar bsull184    JOINED: 2/6/10    POSTS: 283
POSTED: 3/12/11 5:19 PM

So to confirm, the tri tops are longer than last year? I was just wearing mine today for the club duathlon and forgot how short it is (but fits nicely otherwise). I'll order another one if that's the case.

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 3/13/11 7:02 PM

Gear shop is now CLOSED!

POSTED: 3/13/11 7:07 PM

like.

elviss    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 3/15/11 11:12 PM

Sigh, I missed the deadline for ordering club gear. When's my next chance? Thanks.

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 490
POSTED: 3/16/11 7:45 AM

Andy/Karen,

Thanks a lot for all your work with this. You guys rock!

Alejandro

POSTED: 3/16/11 7:57 AM

Next Champion System gear order will be placed late May so that we can have it back in time for the Rockett's Landing race.

The Gear Shop should open again shortly to get in on this order.

Non-CS gear (Hats, visors, swimcaps, etc.) ordered from the shop will continue to be sent out on more frequent basis.

Thanks Alejandro!

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 3/17/11 9:05 AM

Gear shop is now OPEN.

Like Andy said, our next order will be placed in late May (specific date to be announced via newsletter, on the calendar and on facebook, as well as in the FAQ - which will be updated soon.)

The MARCH gear order will be back in time for COLUMBIA in MAY.

The MAY gear order will be back in time for ROCKETTS LANDING in JULY.

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 398
POSTED: 3/17/11 11:51 AM

and the february order comes in this month?

POSTED: 3/17/11 1:39 PM

We have been promised by Champion Systems that we will receive the February gear order by the end of March.

Andy

POSTED: 3/30/11 12:14 PM

For those who have gear in the February order, the items should be in your hands by the end of next week (April 8).

Thanks,
Andy

POSTED: 4/18/11 3:47 PM

If anyone who had ordered Champion Systems gear as part of the February order and has not yet received it AND have not already spoken with me please email gear@dctriathlon.org so we can track it down.

Thanks,
Andy

kkaufer's ravatar kkaufer    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 123
POSTED: 4/18/11 8:34 PM

Hi- I tried emailing, but keep getting bouncebacks. I got my dc tri sportsbra that I ordered, but haven't received the rest of my order yet.
thanks, Kate

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria