Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

another Nation's Tri Slot For Sale
CREATED: 08/25/09 by alyoon REPLIES: 6
alyoon    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 2
another Nation's Tri Slot For Sale
POSTED: 8/25/09 12:28 AM

I have an entry for sale. I have been extremely busy with work and I haven't had time to train. I am only asking $140. Please email me if you or your friend interested. alyoon@gmail.com

Thanks,
-Al

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1296
RE: another Nation's Tri Slot For Sale
POSTED: 8/25/09 7:11 AM

FYI: It's illegal to sell bibs

From the Nation's Tri web site
REFUND POLICY: All registrations are final. There are no rollovers, no refunds and no transfers of bib numbers or race slots of any kind for any reason. Active duty military personnel may request a refund or rollover based on active military duty.

USAT Rule Section 3.5
3.5 Unregistered Participants.
a. Any person who participates in any portion of a sanctioned event without first properly registering and paying any required registration fee shall be suspended or barred from membership in USA Triathlon and barred from participation in any sanctioned event for a period of up to one year.

b. Any person who in any way assists another athlete to violate Section 3.5a by providing or selling a race number to that athlete shall be suspended or barred from membership in USA Triathlon and barred from participation in any sanctioned event for a period of up to one year.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 8/25/09 10:10 AM

good catch Tuan.

I second what tuan says, please do not sell race numbers, nobody wants to see a fellow athlete suspended or banned from racing.

Try to get the refund from the Race Director if you can. if its past the date of refund then you will probably have to eat the cost of the entry (no small amount of change either, trust me i know, it sucks).

You can try to email the rd and see if he/she will make an exception after the refund date, but in all likelihood they will not. Then you can come on the board and bash the race organization for not being sympathetic to unforseen circumstances, even though you may have supported the race for years/and or volunteered at times at their other races and now they won't do squat for you. (slightly joking tone) (Ask me how i know about this and feeling slighted)

Stuff happens, I should know i did exactly this for 2 races this year. Doesn't make your wallet feel any better but it does happen to a lot of athletes if you do this sport long enough.

Good luck.

starcaro's ravatar starcaro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 60
POSTED: 8/25/09 12:08 PM

Yeah, from what I understand you can't sell bib numbers for triathlons because of insurance things that lock people in a lot sooner. I am guessing that is because triathlon is a riskier sport that say just running. You could try contacting the race director (he was helpful with getting me a discount for this year since last year I broke my shoulder a week before Nation's tri... so I couldn't race but I did volunteer in a sling anyway). However, I doubt that not training enough will fly as an excuse.

My recommendation is try to do it anyway, and just take your sweet ass time... you can back stroke/breast stroke the swim, mosey along on the bike, and walk during the run, and if you you feel like crap anyway, then DNF. Don't worry about PRs or anything like that, and just take it as a big workout. With as big of a race as this is going to be, I doubt you will end up in last place regardless, but you can enjoy having a race in your own city with a huge support group of DCTri folks.

nathancurll's ravatar nathancurll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 22
POSTED: 8/25/09 1:20 PM

Some races are starting to allow transfers....see Rev3Tri:

http://www.rev3tri.com/!/quassy/registration.htm

a great race from what i've heard

ccarpenter    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 8/25/09 5:30 PM

No dice on getting a refund on this race unless you know someone. My husband shattered his elbow a few months ago and any training outside of rehabbing the injury is out. I've been trying to find out what the regs would be if he hopped into the transition area to just finish up the run part or if he's just sol on the registration fee. They've been completely non-responsive to my emails.

alyoon    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 8/25/09 5:41 PM

MANY THANKS to everyone for their wisdom and support! I didn't think the race director would give me a refund, let me transfer or let me defer it to next year. I think my best option would be to just "suck it up and do it". I guess it's time to hit the pool, so that I won't drown. Thanks Everyone.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria