Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bike Theft Article in the Post
CREATED: 07/06/09 by seewhatucando REPLIES: 5
seewhatucando's ravatar seewhatucando    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 114
Bike Theft Article in the Post
POSTED: 7/06/09 9:32 AM

Check this story out...just crazy. Poor guy has a black cloud over his head!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/02/AR2009070203937.html

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
RE: Bike Theft Article in the Post
POSTED: 7/06/09 9:45 AM

damn, its obvious that probably the same person has cased out his garage and knows he keeps bicycles in the garage... damn that sucks.

ppgodes's ravatar ppgodes    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 83
POSTED: 7/06/09 3:54 PM

Uuughhh....I'd move to a different neighborhood. I trust no one...bike is in the basement or living room most days. I know people who keep theirs in the bedroom...then again, if I paid as much as some of my fellow tri peeps, it would take bedroom precidence as well!

MiguelCuya    JOINED: 4/17/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 7/06/09 6:22 PM

I know a guy that sleeps with it....now that's love. I guess five thousand bucks would make you love anything.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 7/06/09 6:31 PM

people have spent less on engagement rings than on bikes, i've seen at a race last month a 2009 pinarello montello with zipp zedtech wheels and full campy record, zipp vulka aearobars.

so i can totally undrestand someone sleeping with their bike.

ps. you don't even want to know what that bike cost. let's put it this way, it makes a p3 carbon with zipp wheels/dura ace look like a kmart bicycle.

catgold's ravatar catgold    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 87
POSTED: 7/09/09 12:32 PM

After having one bike stolen 4 weeks ago, and then my wheels stolen last week, my bike now has a spot in my living room. Maybe one day I will be trusting enough to put Miss Piggy back in the bike room (with super heavy duty locks) but not now.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria