Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Run with Ryan and Sara Hall, This Sunday, Dec. 6!
CREATED: 12/02/09 by rwadsworth REPLIES: 2
rwadsworth's ravatar rwadsworth    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 32
POSTED: 12/02/09 2:23 PM

Greetings from (not so) sunny Northern California! Through a series of lucky events and coincidences (and due to my sparkling wit and charm), I have had the great opportunity get to know Ryan and Sara Hall, and to learn more about their charity, The Hall Steps Foundation http://www.thestepsfoundation.org/. This recently launched charity was founded by the Halls to help make a difference in the lives of children in Africa, suffering from the many effects of poverty. Despite all their success in running, Ryan and Sara realized that to truly make a difference they needed to become involved world citizens, and so The Hall Steps Foundation was born. Their goal is large, but they are tackling it through a series of sponsorships of pre-existing programs providing clean drinking water, funding legal work to combat human trafficking, and supporting a home at a rescue center in Kenya. They are also developing a mentoring program to be implemented here in the US where runner/mentors will train with at-risk youths with the short-term goal of entering a race together, and the long-term goal of developing a lasting mentor-mentee relationship.

Ryan and Sara will be at Pacers Pentagon Row, this Sunday, December 6, to help raise awareness for their foundation. They will lead a run starting at 10:30, and will be at the store following the run, until 12:30, for a meet and greet. Ryan and Sara are an amazing couple, on and off the track and roads, and I hope you will all come out to support their foundation. A $20 donation will get you not only a thank-you gift from Asics, but the satisfaction that in this busy holiday season you helped to make the future brighter for the children Ryan and Sara are committed to helping both abroad and in the US. Do your part and have the amazing opportunity to run with world class athletes! I wish I could join you all, but I'll be busy running the California Internatinal Marathon.

rwadsworth's ravatar rwadsworth    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 32
POSTED: 12/02/09 2:24 PM

Link to the Pacers calendar: http://www.runpacers.com/event_calendar/?trumbaEmbed=view%3Devent%26eventid%3D86528219#/?i=1.

DuathlonFreak's ravatar DuathlonFreak    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 64
RE: Run with Ryan and Sara Hall, This Sunday, Dec. 6!
POSTED: 12/02/09 3:50 PM

Sounds like fun and a good cause, thanks for sharing! I'm out of town but I'm sure a good crowd will show.

Enjoy CIM Rachel, its a well run race, not too big but not too small, and the weather is generally very good!

Lawrence

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria