DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Parking at Nation's
CREATED: 09/05/13 by KCLords4 REPLIES: 3
KCLords4's ravatar KCLords4    JOINED: 4/4/12    POSTS: 4
Parking at Nation's
POSTED: 9/05/13 10:21 AM

Hey everyone,

I have some family and friends who are coming to the race to spectate and since it looks like Metro is having some track work done they'll be driving from Bethesda with the intention of arriving close to the race site by 6:30. Does anyone have any recommendations on where there will be parking (street or public parking garage) or where you've parked in years past?

Thanks in advance!

-Jeff

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 977
RE: Parking at Nation's
POSTED: 9/05/13 10:57 AM

Street parking in DC is free on Sundays so that's what I aim for.

My suggestion is to look at the road closure maps and then just drive down and park as close as they can get. It'll be early in the morning so you won't have the "normal" tourists flocking into the city yet, but you will have to contend with all the racers and other spectators. I have parked on Independence Ave before. Or look on the streets north of the reflecting pool area near Virgina Ave. That's just a quick walk across the Mall to the transition area.

Bryan

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1773
POSTED: 9/05/13 2:14 PM

From No VA, I like to park at the airport, and ride across the 14th St. Bridge. 2-3 e z miles to transition. Bring lights.

KCLords4's ravatar KCLords4    JOINED: 4/4/12    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 9/06/13 2:07 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! Much appreciated

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria