Last week, I read on our website that there would be a bike time trial at Hains Point this Saturday, 10/17. Now I am not able to find any information about it.
Has it been cancelled? If not, can someone direct me to the relevant information?
Its still on and the info is still under the Buzz section on the homepage, it is just further down than before.
If you are planning on doing this event, make sure you sign up by noon on Friday. Send an email to me at racedirector at dctriclub.org
Also, we could use a couple of more volunteers for this one. I promise to bring coffee and either donuts or muffins. I may be able to get some pumpkin ones.
I can help out with the time trial where needed, Hugh. So count me in for volunteering.
Great, thanks so much everybody, looking forward to it!
Just a heads up, there's a 5k going on that morning, at 8 AM, as well. http://www.cdf.coop/AbouttheRace
Hey Hugh, what's the word on weather affecting the time trial? Still on rain or shine?
Here's an update on tomorrow's time trial. The temperatures are going to be in the 40's with a seventy percent chance of rain. I'm not up for cancelling the event because I don't like rescheduling it.
The time trial will go on as planned with the caution of the slickness of the roads. I'll be at HP by 7:30 with coffee, etc.
FYI, that 5k mentioned above is still on, and it looks like it'll be using the full Hains Pt. loop, though specifics are a bit unclear. They say they'll be using chip timing, which means some sort of finish line set of mats, and they're saying it'll go from 8-10. I can't tell how many people they're expecting.
While weather is one thing, I don't know how comfortable I feel about dodging boy scouts out for a 5k fun run. Thoughts?
Last year's event had over 200 finishers. From what I've heard, they're expecting at least 300 runners. How many will show up with the weather remains to be seen, but they will have timing mats and have permits for the park.
Disclaimer: I ran the event last year and will be out there tomorrow. I've also done time trials with the club. I'm just bringing this up because I'd hate to see an incident.
Thanks guys for the heads up. With the forcast of rain, etc. I may move it to Sunday. Going to get a haircut and re-think this one. -Hugh
Because of the 5k race on HP and the weather forecast tomorrow I am going to postpone the time trial until the following Saturday, Oct. 24th. Sorry for the late notice, but thanks to the concern from others I've decided it's safer this way.
Registration is still open for the 24th. -Hugh