Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

We're tri-partisan
CREATED: 01/21/10 by lisalisadc REPLIES: 11
lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
We're tri-partisan
POSTED: 1/21/10 11:38 AM

When are we going to get a fit, triathlon loving Senator in this club?

http://www.baystatetriteam.com/
http://www.thesunchronicle.com/articles/2010/01/21/news/6813397.txt

I passed Senator elect Scott Brown's motorcade on the way to work today while biking in. When I saw Ted Kennedy driving, I could barely stay on the road.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
RE: We're tri-partisan
POSTED: 1/21/10 11:48 AM

insert joke here

dwitt616's ravatar dwitt616    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 1/21/10 1:01 PM

So...I understand that you are prone to incendiary comments and, as a result, I will try not to bite and will make this as brief as possible. But seeing as this is DC, I'm willing to bet that I'm not the only member of this club who works on the Hill (my father's a physician btw, so congrats on the double-zinger!).

This forum doesn't have to be immune from politics or policy, or insults and the like - but how about we strive for a little bit more of that creative thinking you were talking about when you ran for the board?

Would it really be so bad if Sen. Brown, or Sen. Thune showed up - or if Sen. Lugar (age 78) led us on a run (I'd include Dems if I knew any who worked out as much R's - House people jump in too!!!) Anyway, press and publicity EQUALS more membership EQUALS more money EQUALS more sponsorship money to Nationals participants and those expensive timers you wanted. (an oversimplification - but you get the gist)

My point is - the sarcasm and apathy that you so effectively espouse is just as much a problem in this country as the "dirty politicians". These people are such easy targets for your disdain and malaise. I don't want to defend them all, but I will defend enough of them (and their staffs!!!) for their honesty and hard work which you so clearly don't recognize or appreciate. LOL, indeed.

To that end - anyone on the board want to write a letter to Sen. Elect Brown welcoming him to the city??? Just a thought!

-Daniel

POSTED: 1/21/10 1:53 PM

Actually, dwitt616 that is what I was getting to. When Macca is in LA, he works out with LA Tri Club and leads a lecture or 2 for the club. Granted, he used to live in LA. But, San Diego Tri Club and triclubs in SF have professional triathletes stop by for training and social events. There are plenty of pro triathletes and cyclists that have DC connections and/or roll through town.

Why does George Clooney have to play basketball all alone at Sports Club/LA when he is in town (near GWU)? I'm just saying.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1064
POSTED: 1/21/10 2:05 PM

First order of business.... I'm going to invite Senator Feinstein to happy hour tonight. Anyone know where I can get her celly? ;-)

jen_'s ravatar jen_    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 162
POSTED: 1/21/10 2:54 PM

Let me know when Brown plans on attending a tri club function. But give me time to dig up my Cosmo magazine so I can get his autograph.

Jen

POSTED: 1/21/10 2:54 PM

2nd order of business:

politicians make investment bankers/attorneys/doctors/drunk drivers/murderers and rapists look like saints in comparison to the stuff they pull.

Aren't you an ATTORNEY, Justin?

So, yes I am a saint and an attorney. Feel free to call me St. Lisa or St. LA

starcaro's ravatar starcaro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 60
POSTED: 1/21/10 3:10 PM

the invite should be opened up to both MA(sshole) senators... http://triathlon.competitor.com/2010/01/news/scott-brown-john-kerry-talk-triathlon-in-first-meeting-on-capitol-hill_6773

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 1/21/10 3:51 PM

deleted

jen_'s ravatar jen_    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 162
POSTED: 1/21/10 4:04 PM

Justin..

For those who don't know your personality or who don't "get" your jokes, this might help.

http://mashable.com/2010/01/15/sarcmark/

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1770
POSTED: 1/21/10 6:23 PM

It'd be fun to see Sen. Brown, a known triathlete, and Sen. Kerry, a known cyclist, invited to one of the club time trials. They could even compete, their times prorated for age perhaps, with the loser donating to the charity of the winner's choice. The event could be billed, "Mass Transit".

POSTED: 1/22/10 9:52 AM

Their times prorated for age?? ouch! Someone's not going to get any stimulus $$

Btw, Competitor Mag scooped my story on triathlete Senators Brown & cyclist Kerry. http://zde1n2.xrt.me
Great idea to invite them. I've seen Kerry a bunch of times at Hains & Conte's. Who's going to reach out?

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria