Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New member looking for training partners
CREATED: 02/23/11 by safbiker REPLIES: 4
safbiker    JOINED: 2/14/11    POSTS: 14
New member looking for training partners
POSTED: 2/23/11 10:30 AM

My name is Steve Feldman. I recently joined the DC Tri Club as I have committed to doing the Philly Tri in June. I live in NW DC and I am looking for training partners. I swim at Wilson and would love to find some riding/running partners with runs stating in RCP (Beach and Broadbranch) or picking up rides along MacArthur Blvd.

Steve

JHJ20012's ravatar JHJ20012    JOINED: 2/1/10    POSTS: 174
RE: New member looking for training partners
POSTED: 2/23/11 12:14 PM

Steve,

Welcome to the club! There is a growing group of folks who do weekend runs and rides in RCP and on the Capital Cresent Trail. It's nominally a Montgomery County Group, but I'm in upper NW and join when I can. Bike rides typically start in MD, but last weekend for example, we were a group of 15 and started at the intersection of Beach/W.Beach and did a 25 mile ride which ended with BRUNCH. (OK, OK, I bribed folks to start at my house with the lure of food). We had a bunch of different paces and abilities out there, and it was a great time. If you're interested, shoot an email to Elaine, our ring leader, and ask to be added to the email list. (wongela at gmail dot com) There's a ride forming for this Sat. as we speak. See you on the roads.

Joyce

Giovanni    JOINED: 2/23/11    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 2/23/11 3:47 PM

Hello I am new too. I train on beech drive and macarthur boulevard during the week.
My schedule is pretty flexible, i work mainly in the middle of the day and on Friday and Saturday.
I would love to do some sessions together.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1770
POSTED: 2/23/11 4:01 PM

Don't forget the club-wide RCP runs on Sunday morns. And Sat and Sun morning club rides are beginning now/soon from Georgetown. You might also sign the petition via Wilson to keep the 50-meter lanes open there.

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 2/23/11 8:33 PM

We also arrange rides that start from Glen Echo up to MD and back. I think Tuan's (very fast) ride does this route, but they start from Georgetown.

Elaine

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria