Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Montgomery County Swimming with MAC Closed
CREATED: 05/18/09 by guinness REPLIES: 2
guinness    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 64
Montgomery County Swimming with MAC Closed
POSTED: 5/18/09 11:15 AM

For anyone else who finds themselves in a bind with the MAC closed (at least through October 15 apparently), I swam today at the Germantown Swim Center. I work in Gaithersburg so it's not such a haul. The pool is absolutely beautiful (25 y/25 m depending on how they have it set up; appears to usually be 25 yards), and it sits on the Rec Center property which is a huge property with gorgeous paved running trails and access to great riding. I will probably end up doing some bricks out there. If you have a MAC access card, it works there as well (in addition to all the other indoor and outdoor county pools). Bethesda is reportedly filled this week as the Mariners are starting to swim there tomorrow night. Anyway, Germantown is a great option if you don't mind the drive!

Anathea

Lunchbox's ravatar Lunchbox    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 31
RE: Montgomery County Swimming with MAC Closed
POSTED: 5/18/09 11:36 AM

Good info Anathea, thanks.
Wish I was closer to Germantown.

Anybody try Bethesda this morning?

As I recall, that's an all outdoor stuation - outdor pool(s?), unheated changing area. Maybe that will keep the numbers down, at least in the a.m.

Thinking I might check it out tomorrow or Wed. morn, and get in some swimming in my wetsuit.

Cullen

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
RE: Montgomery County Swimming with MAC Closed
POSTED: 5/18/09 11:58 AM

Thanks for the intel. I should check out the PM and see if it's not too crowded since I work closeby as well. Not that it could be more crowded than the MAC...
-Jason

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria