DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

ChesapeakeMan 2010
CREATED: 10/14/09 by mosered REPLIES: 3
mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1773
ChesapeakeMan 2010
POSTED: 10/14/09 2:41 PM

Registration has opened. This is the local (Cambridge, MD) ironman event:

"Registration for the September 25, 2010 ChesapeakeMan Ultra Distance Triathlon, Aqua Velo and Swimfest opens next Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 9am. All event details can be found at http://www.tricolumbia.org/ChesapeakeMan/ . For those of you who are interested in the Aqua Velo, USAT has announced there will be National Rankings for Aqua Velo (also known as Aqua Bike) events. Anyone participating in the ChesapeakeMan Aqua Velo or the Eagleman Aqua Velo (for which registration is currently open) will be automatically included.

To register next Tuesday, go to www.tricolumbia.org and then click on the event link on the right hand side. If you have registered for a previous CTA race (2008 or later), you MUST have your login and password prior to registering."

emle's ravatar emle    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
RE: ChesapeakeMan 2010
POSTED: 10/16/09 1:10 PM

A sidenote about registration for the ultra distance race - it does not fill fast if at all. I knew someone who did it this year and didn't register until 2 weeks before the race. He wasn't sure if he'd get injured or sick but trained for it knowing he was going to register late.
I've done the ultra distance twice ('06 and '09) and am thinking of making it #3 next year but we'll see. If anyone has a question about this race or the aqua velo feel free to shoot me an email.

Emily

kkaufer's ravatar kkaufer    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 126
POSTED: 10/16/09 1:30 PM

Emily -- Work permitting, I'm planning on doing the aquavelo next year. Can you tell me a bit about the water (how choppy/nasty...)? Is the bike course basically 2x Eagleman? I've heard nothing but good things about race organization and volunteers. Do you agree?
thanks.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1773
POSTED: 10/16/09 1:39 PM

The water condition depends on the weather. In '07, when I did the aquabike, there was a storm, and quite a bit of chop (and jellyfish). The bike course is indeed Eagleman twice (a group is riding out there the weekend after this). The aptly named Bob Vigorito, the long-term organizer of C-Man and Columbia, puts on a well-organized event. The race is a kind of fun, low-key analogue to the "official" IM events.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria